SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my wife's car. Completely stock. Very clean, just looking to cut expenses as she's in school full time.

2008 Volvo V50 T5 AT wagon
EDIT: $14,500 o.b.o.

• T5 227HP
• 5 Speed Shiftable Automatic
• Front Wheel Drive
• ~98K miles

Premium Package/Convenience Package: HID Xenon headlights, Premium 17" wheels, power seats, driver seat memory, black leather interior with aluminum trim accents, dual zone climate control HVAC, Moonroof, Premium sound system with Aux. input, Bluetooth, Homelink, Digital Info Center, BLIS blind spot detection system, Tire pressure monitoring, Traction Control, power everything.

Very clean car. Non-smoking owner. Runs and drives great. Will add pics of interior (black leather) later. We've never had a problem with it, and my wife is reluctant to sell, but just looking to minimize expenses.

We are not the original owners so I do not have much dealer service history detail. We bought the car in May of 2010 at 62K. According to the Carfax when we we bought the car, it was previously a corporate lease. The dealership we bought it from did an inspection, chassis lube, and recall verification and showed no indication of any damage repair. In the two years I have only had to do oil/filter changes which I've done myself (Mobil 1). No leaks and normal coolant levels, and we have had no accidents with the vehicle.

The VIN is YV1MW672882422179

Flaws: Tires are worn and noisy, but have usable tread through summer. Some curb rash on a few wheels. Front lower valance scraped on drivers side from parking too close to curb stop.

Located near downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and I can drive it to Lansing for work as well if you'd like to see it there. Email for more info. Thanks for looking!

Best contact for me (Nick V) is by email: [email protected] I will also check PM's here evenings when I'm home.

Pics:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
how the hell is that thing only worth $15k?
My guess is 98K.

Nice car and cool color! I rarely see it. GLWS!
Thanks! ...and yes, we figure the mileage is high for the year, and it could use tires. Yes, at $15K it's by far the cheapest '08 T5 on AutoTrader or Cars.com, or anywhere else that I can find... but KBB pegs it even lower at ~$14K, which is relevant to a lot of buyers for bank financing since not everybody can cut a check, and I'll price it where it needs to go to get sold.

We love the color as well though it photographs a bit weird. We stumbled onto the car by odd chance as it was sitting on a local non-Volvo dealership lot while we were out to test drive a different car, and we saw it sitting there and she fell in love with it.

I have yet to see a Gecko T5 V50 in person anywhere. It's kind of fun to have no other car like your own when walking out into a parking lot.

·
Registered
295 Posts
GLWS Nick!

If my wife were interested in another wagon I'd get this in place of her S40 in a heartbeat. She said no though, I asked as soon as I saw the thread. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts