SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!!!!

This is a well cared for wagon, very clean inside and out. Non-smoker. I am the third owner and purchased it at 68k and have records since then along with the original window sticker and owners manuals. Clean carfax, no accidents. Car drives great and still has the new leather scent on the inside! It has been a great car and I love to see it go to a good home.

I've got a set of IPD Pegasus 18" hyper silver wheels with newer Bridgestone Potenzas that I would include for additional cash these ARE NOT included in the asking price. Roof rack is also not included in the sale.

Electric Silver
Nordkap Leather Seats
Geartronic 6-speed auto with manual gear selection
Cold weather package
Rear Back up sensors
Fully loaded from the factory except for Nav
Fresh oil change
Spark plugs changed at 75k
Transmission flush at 75k
Power steering flush at 75k
Recent brake pads and fluid flush
New front struts at 85k
IPD Poly Upper mount
IPD lower Poly torque mount
IPD poly strut bar mounts
IPD boost gauge
Factory 17" wheels with Dunlop studless winter tires
IMEV Classic ipod adapter to fully control your ipod with factory stereo
Satellite radio prep
Center exhaust resonator delete

Here's the link to Autotrader for photos:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?ownerId=67638559&searchRadius=0&listingId=331054770

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the car in the condition it would be sold? (Roof rack removed, 17" wheels fitted) What is the asking price for the car with the 18" Pegs/tires?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, no photos with the wheels removed yet. I plan on tackling that this weekend and getting a few more shots of the interior like the trunk, back seat and engine. Not sure how I forgot those! I'd like to get an additional $1200 for the wheels and tires and can get some close ups of those as well.

It's all negotiable if you are seriously interested. Happy to talk on the phone about details too. My number is on that autotrader ad.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
So it's never been to a Volvo dealer and didn't even get it's first FREE service?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think never is a bit strong. Plenty of items never show up in their database. It's a great car and has given me no issues to this day.

Straight from their site:
"CARFAX does not have the complete history of every vehicle. A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about the vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use a Vehicle History Report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about a used car."

For example, I just pulled one on my 1992 VW (because CARFAX didn't exist when I bought that car in 1998, at least I don't remember it??) and it has ONLY 1 service record on it? Now I've owned the car for years and had it serviced at the dealer more times than I can count...and only 1 of them shows up? It was also in two fender bender accidents that were professionally repaired and they don't show either. To me that means CARFAX is a guideline, not absolute. It's telling you if there is a major problem to look out for like a major accident or salvage title, strange odometer readings and other sketchy things. None of that means either of my cars are bad, stuff just didn't get reported to their database for some reason.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, I just looked in my service manual and the first two stamps are there from McDonald automotive in Littleton. Both not on the carfax

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Great looking car - good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
331 Posts
To me that means CARFAX is a guideline, not absolute. It's telling you if there is a major problem to look out for like a major accident or salvage title, strange odometer readings and other sketchy things. None of that means either of my cars are bad, stuff just didn't get reported to their database for some reason.
Absolutely correct.

As another example, I recently ran the CarFax report on the '87 VW I've owned since new. It shows the first recorded mileage reading as 607,811 in 1991. I thought that was a pretty darn impressive accomplishment considering the fact that I was going to grad school full-time, working a part-time job and apparently still able to rack up an average of over 150,000 miles of driving per year...:eek: Luckily, I have all of the service records to prove that mileage reading was an input error on the part of an Emissions Inspection station attendant.

I have more examples, but you get the point. People need to use some common sense when reading a CarFax (or Autocheck) report.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed. I don't think CARFAX has really become an industry standard until the past few years or so. I think it probably does much better with slightly newer cars.

If the weather holds out for me tomorrow I plan on swapping the stock 17's back on there, taking of the roof rack and snapping a few more good photos to put up on this thread. Last weekend got away from me with family duties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts