-rebuilt M66 transmission
-repacked angle/bevel gear
-new rear hubs
-new lower control arms
-new front upper spring seats (XC90)
-new front endlinks (Meyle HD)
-new rotors / pads (Brembo / Stoptech)
-new parking brake shoes
-new power steering reservoir (updated version)
-new tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS 235-45-17)

Upgrades:

-IPD ECU flash (Stg 2 map in preparation for downpipe. Softloader, disc, and USB stick with tune file will be included)
-IPD track spec swaybars (front bushings freshly replaced)
-IPD rear endlinks
-EST stainless catback exhaust
-IPD upper engine mount (blue)
-IPD lower tranny mount (blue)
-IPD HD TCV
-IPD boost gauge (v.2)
-Momo shift knob & pedals
-iMIV adapter for phone/iPod audio (minijack) through CD changer source
-Hidden Hitch trailer hitch
-Includes set of 17" MSW Type 16 black/red stripe wheels with Blizzak WS60 winter tires

Known issues:

-occasional "Anti-Skid Service Required" message, have not seen in two month since rear hubs & front bushings were replaced. At this point I think it is safe to say the issue is resolved.
-drivers mirror housing has crack/chip from parking on narrow city street. Painted mirror cover was replaced with new part from dealer.
-a few minor parking lot dings on pass. side (could not even capture in pictures)
-Gobi leather shows its age a bit
-Missing cover for console cupholder

This is quite possibly the best car I have ever owned. It's got tons of space, great performance, can tow a UHAUL trailer like nothing is there, and is awesome in the winter. Why would I sell it then? With a new baby in the family and a rather lengthy commute in traffic, I'm opting for something newer/warrantied and (gasp!) not manual transmission. I've tried to be fairly thorough in my description above, but feel free to email / PM with any questions.

Photobucket: http://photobucket.com/2004_V70R_FS

CARFAX

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whip

I was sold until you disclosed your reason for selling, now I can't show the Other party involved in this decision! We'll see

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, no trades. A replacement has already arrived...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New car is registered, so the VR is good to go. New front swaybar bushings went on this weekend, just needs a detail and a new owner! I'll be picking up the title on Wed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Answered all PMs!

A common question is regarding the anti-skid message. To be more clear:
The only message appearing is "anti skid service required". It has only appeared a few times in recent months and clears after a drive cycle, I just thought it worth noting to any potential buyer. AWD is still active when the message is on, or at least if I pull out quickly from a stop the front wheels do not break loose.

I haven't seen the error at all since the rear hubs & front swaybar bushings were replaced. To be fair, I haven't been driving the car every single day either so I can't say with certainty yet that the issue has been solved. I'd rather disclose everything I can think of rather than have a disappointed new owner.

Pics coming this weekend, I've been slammed at work lately not to mention it's been too damn hot to detail a car. My apologies :p

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never said anything about bigger, in fact that's probably what I'll miss the most but we've got the LR2 when I need space. Unfortunately with my job I now spend nearly an hour each way in traffic... it's time to turn in my man card. I'm not minding the DSG box so much, but when traffic opens up the A3 can't hold a candle to the VR's acceleration. And the seats... not even a fair fight!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Consider trade for an 07 XC90?

I may be interested in a trade for my 07 XC90, 7-passenger. Let's discuss off line if you are.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ahh, disregard my post...just read through the whole thing and saw you're already in a new ride.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, sorry no trades. I hope to not need a 7-passenger any time soon! :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
This is my old caR. Glad to see it was kept up in great shape!

This is a great car in general, and this one is a strong runner. If I wasn't knee deep into a 245 race build, I'd buy this back in a second.

GLWS!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I drove her in to work this morning for the first time in a while... damn I'm going to miss the 6spd and these seats!

On a bright note, I have been unable to reproduce the anti-skid warning for nearly a month now. I can't say for certain, but it seems either the rear hubs or front sway bushings solved the issue. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts