1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 1972 1800E Richmond, VA

Photos at https://photos.app.goo.gl/QeLniaPTDL3XmBRd7

Edit: SOLD

Getting ready to sell my 72 E. It runs, drives, and stops great. Rust damage around driver's side turn signal and dent in driver's side front quarter panel. I bought this with the intention of doing a full restoration but have accepted I won't have time to make that happen in the next few years and want to sell it to someone who has the time.

Long version is, this car is from Iowa and was "restored" by an older gentleman some time around 2006. The gas tank, fuel lines, and radiator hoses were replaced and the original sun yellow paint was resprayed. The seats have new looking leather covers. No documentation exists from this time, so I'm going off what I was told and what you can see by examining the car. That owner died a couple of years ago and his wife sold the car to a family friend who was a domestic car guy. He drove it around for a couple years and then I bought it. I've had the car a year and driven it around town. Haven't really done any work to it besides replacing the frayed seatbelts with new. The engine runs strong, transmission shifts well, brakes are strong. Modern AC Delco alternator. Overdrive light comes on but does not shift, and I haven't done any troubleshooting there. There is rust but it's not what you'd expect from being driven in salt, it looks more like it was parked in a barn. There is surface rust on the inside of the floor pans. There is some rust on the underside, but not a ton. Some bubbling of paint at the bottom of the quarter panels. Odometer shows 41k, and that might be correct because according to registration history it was off the road from the early 80's until 2006. Original AC unit is complete but disconnected.

I would like to sell to someone who's planning on doing a full restoration. It looks nice at 20 feet, but essentially every piece of rubber and every seal and gasket should be replaced, and the rust should be dealt with properly. It appears to leak oil from the engine, trans, and rear diff. If you just wanted to garage it and drive it around town a few hundred miles a year you could and it probably wouldn't get worse, but it's ready to be made nice again. I'm willing to work with a buyer to arrange shipping if necessary. Serious offers will be considered.

·
Super Moderator
8,700 Posts
Love the color! GLWS!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts