SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1999 v70xc bought quite recently. I have a vibration at the front wheels that happens while accelerating and generally while under load. It's been in the shop, replaced an inner tierod still not corrected, put new tires on still not corrected, wheel alignment and removed driveshaft. Still not corrected. Any help would be aprecciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
A bad axle shaft, the voice of experience, either has a bad balance or it lost it's balance.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Yes, usually the passenger side cv axles causes the most vibration issues.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Check the LCAs. If a bushing goes it'll do that. I'd still agree with everyone else and say axle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't have a suggestion for you, sorry, but am very interested in the outcome to this.

I have the same issue with my S70 and I have replaced both CV axles and axle seals while I was in there. We do have a few differences, though. I'm lowered and I'm sure I need a Trans mount and motor mounts, which is most likely contributing to my issue. My lower control arms are in good knick and I'm curious to know why jason257 asked if the axle seal had ever been replaced...

Good luck and keep us posted. If I find anything, I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Another really common issue that can cause front wheel vibration under load/acceleration is worn out A-arm bushings. And the cheap knock-off replacements don't last long, best to replace with Volvo OEM rubber or better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts