SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i let me wife drive my R today for the first time (Ive only had it about a month).. Probably not a great idea.. I explained several times to go slow on large dips and to turn and go through the dip sideways cause the front bumper is really low... First thing she does is drives into our neighbors driveway to pick her up and i heard a loud crunch!! Fortunately the winglets and splitter are all in tact still.. Just left a nice new crack and scrape on them. Anyways I started to look for some new ones just in case the next time is more fatal.. Where is the best place to buy new winglets?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds like you need to stop letting the wife drive the R, lol.
This ^^ lol

another option would be a front lip. They have slightly more ground clearance usually.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If they are just cracked and scraped it might be cheaper to have a competent body shop repair and repaint them, rather than go new, which would need to be painted and mounted anyway. I got my set from eBay and had them painted. I would let my wife drive my VR is she knew stick, and I'm not willing to teach her on it. I learned in driver's ed, but I read that they don't offer manuals anymore.

·
2,521 Posts
Get an STI lip and sell those broke winglets. Some1 will get them

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
They were on eBay for pretty cheap but I haven't seen any on there in a while. VIVA performance is probably your best bet at $340 for a pair (unpainted). If it were me, I would buy a $10 can of body filler, sand mine, fill in the cracks, and repaint. Sounds like it's just cracks, no major chunks missing.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
You can message the seller of the eBay winglets and he will get you a set direct from the manufacture in Europe at $199.99 for a set, but do note that they are fully fiberglass. They are a direct fit and replacement for the oem winglets but are not the Volvo winglets. That's how I got mine. Let me see if I can scrounge up his info.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts