SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. So I jacked up my car on either side because I was really bored. I wanted to test my hub etc. I grabbed the tire in the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position and tried to move the tire. It does move but in a minimal way. It's not just the hub that moves though, everything including the struts move just a degree or so. Both front wheels do the same thing. I also hear a slight bang/click sound when it reaches the point where it wont move anymore. I'm somewhat sure it's not normal but I wanted to check with you guys.

There is no movement when I hold the wheel in 12 and 6 position and try to move it.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just watched some videos and it sounds just like a bad tie rod end... It's weird because they were replaced last summer, but I got some off of rock auto. The cheaper ones :p

·
Registered
876 Posts
Did you check inner tie rods? I do not know which you replaced.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've replaced both sides as the threads were dead on the inners and it couldn't be aligned. I just brought the car at a shop to have it looked at by a mechanic. I've been listening very closely and i can't see any unusual movement. Everything is working in synch. That leads me to think that it could be the steering rack. Also the sound is much louder when the wheels are in neutral position (straight)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts