SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing a guide or something along those lines but I can't seem to get it to come up in the search. It also had the recommended replacement wheel bearing to order as well. I need to change out the passenger front wheel bearing on my 2010 with 60,3XX miles. Dealer wants about $500 to do it and it seems pretty simple to do, just time and a lot of sweat.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure you will need to remove the spindle which I found to be a pain as part of my recent strut replacement (and I have done a few strut replacements over the years: my 82 Firebird, 95 Maxima, 2000 Honda Odyssey, 2005 GTO - twice, 97 328i, maybe another one or two in there) - this was BY FAR the worst. Once the spindle is out, you will, of course have to press the bearing out and old one back in. I will post a write-up some time later next week with some pics which might help...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I did both front wheel bearings last year on my S40, I know it's not the same car but I'd bet the job is pretty similar. It was straight forward but I did run into an issue. Pressing the bearings out, I have a small press and a lot of hammers, none of which worked and I had no desire to damage the hub. I ended up removing the hubs and dropping them off at a shop that pressed the old ones out and the new ones in for $50 which I consider money well spent. I would definitely do it myself again by removing the hubs and dropping them off at a shop to have the bearings replaced then I'd reinstall them myself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you guys tell me which brand /manufacturer you went with?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you are comfortable removing tierod and lower ball joint it is not that difficult

1 - 6 of 6 Posts