SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the dreaded hood stuck shut issue. While trying to fix it, I broke the locking tab off of my right turn signal. My car has a bunch of mods from the previous owner including tinted headlights and turn signals. I don't think gluing the locking tab back on will work and I can't find a tinted replacement right signal lens. Does anyone recognize this design and know where to find one? I'm currently running a cheap ebay replacement but it doesn't have the chrome projector style internals like the broken one.

eBay temp replacement, I guess I could buy a second one and tint both:

And while I'm asking, these wires were dangling in the fender, anyone know what they are for?

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Glue the tab back on with superglue before you buy another one. Or, just take the opportunity to upgrade to OEM headlights. The ABMs are pretty weak unless you reconfigure them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glue the tab back on with superglue before you buy another one. Or, just take the opportunity to upgrade to OEM headlights. The ABMs are pretty weak unless you reconfigure them.
My headlights have been upgraded to HID. I think the PO swapped the lenses for aftermarket smoked ones, it doesn't look like he had a tint film applied.

·
Registered
18,345 Posts
My headlights have been upgraded to HID. I think the PO swapped the lenses for aftermarket smoked ones, it doesn't look like he had a tint film applied.
Yea they're still really bad with HIDs as stock. If you're handy with easy projects i suggest you disassemble one headlight and flip the reflector bowl 180. It'll make perfect sense as soon as you have the glass and shroud off.

Here's some pics:

Stock ABM on the left

This fluted part is where the main reflector work is being done

Rotate 180 for actual proper reflector. Trim the two pins and:

Proper projector now! Helps to flatten the cutoff shield a bit

End result.

Can't beat free tweaks that make that much difference

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Yeah dude it's a downgrade till you do that^^^^. I have a friend who had ABMs and they absolutely sucked. And they had HIDs in them too.

Even after that mod, the high beams still suck. No good if you ever drive in rural areas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts