SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question , any special tools or knowledge needed to replace front swaybar links? Assume swaybar is relaxed if both wheels are off the ground?
Living in the northeast, will the bolts be rusted solid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Only tip I can think of, which is optional, is to invest the $40 or so in Harbor Frieght's cheap electric impact wrench. For being so inexpensive, it really impresses me removing stubborn Northeast Pennsylvania suspension bolts. You won't have to worry about the torx bit to counter the bolt. They'll just zip on and off with the impact wrench. Just be very careful not to over tighten.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Only tip I can think of, which is optional, is to invest the $40 or so in Harbor Frieght's cheap electric impact wrench. For being so inexpensive, it really impresses me removing stubborn Northeast Pennsylvania suspension bolts. You won't have to worry about the torx bit to counter the bolt. They'll just zip on and off with the impact wrench. Just be very careful not to over tighten.
Thank you. I already have a compressor and a 750 LbFt impact gun...

;)

Good news on the counter torque wrench part. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Thank you. I already have a compressor and a 750 LbFt impact gun...

;)

Good news on the counter torque wrench part. Thank you!
That'll certainly get the job done! Best of luck. :beer:

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Yeah, hit the bolts with an impact wrench first. When putting the new ones on, though, just use hand tools and torque that down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts