SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son's used 2002 S60

My son and his wife are young and not at all inclined to take proper care of there automobiles. They are the "when it makes a terrible noise or breaks" type. We love them nevertheless.

Hoping you can help me help them. Their 2002 S60 has developed consistent squeaks coming from the front suspension every time the car hits a bump or pot hole. No out of the normal squeaks while driving on a smooth surface. Even with this vague description please provide me with possible causes.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
squeaks could be a number of causes but my first guesses in order of likelihood would be

1. swaybar link
2. ball joint
3. spring seat
4. strut mount
5. strut

jack it up and take a wheel off and inspect the first two parts... there is rubber thats suppose to hold the grease in, if the rubber is cracked then water probably got in and the part is toast

you could even check these without jacking it up by looking at them from under the front with a light if you know what you are looking for

good luck

·
Registered
373 Posts
squeaks could be a number of causes but my first guesses in order of likelihood would be

1. swaybar link
2. ball joint
3. spring seat
4. strut mount
5. strut
I'd say Racer hit it right on the money for the order of parts to check. Last few times I've heard clicks and squeaks, its been the endlinks and ball joints.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Same thing happened on my 02 S60. It was the broken spring seats. My lower control arms and ball joints were broken too. Replaced all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts