SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this suspension knock on the right front side of the car. When driving into potholes with my left front wheel shock is absorbed normally, yet when I drive into a pothole or any bigger road unevenness with my right front wheel I get a huge knock which rattles the whole car, transmits to the interior. Furthermore when I do a sharper right turn and press accelerator more I get this same knocking (rapidly repeating - probably caused by wheelspin). Wheels are true. I have recently changed the right side wheel bearing and control arm bushings, yet the problem was both before and after these repairs. I can also feel a slight knock when pressing the brake pedal sharply.
What may be the cause? Has anyone experienced such a problem?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Endlinks knock when they’re worn out

2007 V70R Ti Grey Nordkap GT, 2008 C30R-Design Black M66

·
Registered
10 Posts
knock

Try to jab the brake pedal aggressively, not a steady pressure. If you feel the knock - its control arms. Not inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I had a loud knocking on my car and turned out to be the end links. Sounded like a loud clank and only at low speed over uneven roads or speed bumps

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Strut mounts are also known to go bad and cause knocking over bumps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does it happen when accelerating hard in 1st and 2nd gear?

I second strut mounts as well and possibly the motor mounts.

How many miles on your car?

I have a good used set of front sway bar end links you can have, just pay shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts