SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
this Monday the car will go to the dealership for a 5 days repair under Volvo warranty
That's great!

Somethings to consider that will help others is to state your Year of your vehicle and the process you went through (unless it is already posted on another thread).

Good luck with the repair!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's great!

Somethings to consider that will help others is to state your Year of your vehicle and the process you went through (unless it is already posted on another thread).

Good luck with the repair!

Indeed, I tried once to get mine replaced under warranty and was denied. Would also like to know what and who OP went through.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have to push Volvo for them to apply warranty............and more I did shop for which dealer I will do business with and 2 of them declined to do the job !!!!!!! 6500$ CAD

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh Dayum.

I will be moving to Toronto this September from San Francisco , and my subframe is drenched from the valve cover oil leak, hopefully that provides some corrosion protection lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Write to Volvo directly........Volvo Canada Customer Care Team <[email protected] .........and tell them that you filed a complaint to Transport Canada .contact this guy he will forward your complaint to the right guy who covers your area .....they will decline at first....but insist it is so expensive and so critical.......it is the engine support !!!!!!!

Julien Dufort, ing.
Équipe de sécurité routière
Génie Mécanique
Polytechnique Montréal

[email protected]mtl.ca

·
Registered
158 Posts
Write to Volvo directly........Volvo Canada Customer Care Team EMAIL] .........and tell them that you filed a complaint to Transport Canada .contact this guy he will forward your complaint to the right guy who covers your area .....they will decline at first....but insist it is so expensive and so critical.......it is the engine support !!!!!!!

Julien Dufort, ing.
Équipe de sécurité routière
Génie Mécanique
Polytechnique Montréal

[email protected]
Merci Bien!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I guess it is time for a bit of an update on this. So far, I've submitted a complaint to transport Canada and they've sent someone out to look at and document the car. I've also written to Volvo Canada and they've sent me to write to the dealership near me and they have done what they often do and ignored me. I will probably try the one other dealership in my area this week and if that doesn't work, then it is back to trying Volvo Canada I suppose.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Second update time. I finally heard back from Volvo Canada and... I didn't really get anywhere. So far their only reply to any of my emails has been to send me a copy of the warranty booklet. I don't know how you managed it, martin_hamel, but thus far I have barely been able to get a response let alone getting them to agree to replace anything under warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts