SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok today i got me new set of yokohama tires put on the car. had the car up on the lift and saw that the right front strut was leaking. sweet. first tires, then brakes, now struts.

so im just wondering, do i /should i replace both fronts even though all the others are not leaking. or can i just replace the one?

ive been looking at prices. kinda scares me a bit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: front strut... revisited... (veeco3110)

Speak to Nicky at Highbloom Auto. Tell him that Jordan recommended him.

His business line is 973.661.4747. The dealers can't compete with is pricing. And he is a great person to ask questions to. Besides my R there are probably 4 others currently at his shop.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Re: front strut... revisited... (PMPN8EZ)

Newer Volvo's are not cheap to maintain. Price shock is normal, lol.

...as far as your strut goes, IMHO it depends on how old your other one is. If these are original, you will want to replace both (or even all 4). If they only have a few miles on them, it is possible to replace one with no issues.

Maybe a good time to upgrade?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i had the rears replaced at 70,000 i think the fronts were replaced at 50,000. im at 103000 now. what could possibly happen by replacing one. sag on one side?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: (veeco3110)

I hate to say it but you "should" do them both. The reason for this is as the struts age or ware the amount of energy they displace diminishes, thus creating an imbalance in the energy the front suspension will be displacing as the sway bar ties them together. Imagine doing an abrupt zig zag having one side behave differently than the other. Now how much is up for debate but since they ware in pairs how long before the other side goes....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts