SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching for clues as to why I'm experiencing wheel bearing noise, a subject for another discussion, and I noticed a bunch of dried up crud on my left front CV boot. It appears that my strut has leaked some oil from the bottom, which in turn has attracted dust and turned to a greasy crud. There is a small plastic tube that penetrates the bottom of the strut (I assume this is the 4-C system adjustment?) and this appears to be the source of the leak. Do you think this strut is AFU? Do you think it would be covered under the CPO warranty?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Front Strut leaking oil? (daveV70R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>daveV70R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was searching for clues as to why I'm experiencing wheel bearing noise, a subject for another discussion, and I noticed a bunch of dried up crud on my left front CV boot. It appears that my strut has leaked some oil from the bottom, which in turn has attracted dust and turned to a greasy crud. There is a small plastic tube that penetrates the bottom of the strut (I assume this is the 4-C system adjustment?) and this appears to be the source of the leak. Do you think this strut is AFU? Do you think it would be covered under the CPO warranty? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes.<p>Yes. Should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Re: (I 'R' not happy)

I 'R', I sent you an instant message, disable your pop up blocker and you should get it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yeah, definitely not covered under the CPO. I had a leaking strut, about $730 to replace including labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts