SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1965 Amazon Wagon and I'm redoing the front clip...

The metal washer that covers the top of the OEM spring (and rests inside the rubber buffer, on the floor to left of spring) does not fit the top of the Classic Swede Front 40mm springs. It looks to be about 1/4" too narrow. If I trim the outer walls of this washer, the horizontal movement is going to wreak havoc on the rubber buffer. Thoughts, recommendations?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Did you ask this on turbobricks too? Because classicswede himself posts over there a lot more than here. I think he'd have an answer for you since it's his product.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
If these are like other aftermarket springs I've used, leave off the metal thing and just use the rubber cap directly on the coils.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I had been in direct contact with Classic Swede but didn't hear back and am trying to move forward with my installation. Dai initially suggested leaving the rubber and ring up in the cross member and just pressing against it.

The advice to remove the metal washer was shared by a few, so it goes.. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts