SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some guidance on replacing front pads and rotors.

I tried searching but couldn't find any DIY threads.
Anything else I need besides pads and rotors/ shim kit, etc...?

Also, is it a pretty str5aightfoward job? I haven't done brakes in awhile but they usually aren't too difficult.

Thanks-

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey man. I am looking at rotors and pads too. I suggest go to the aftermarket supply websites like ipd or fcp and look at brake parts. They have videos on their websites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
If you've gone brakes before, they haven't gotten any more complicated. Rent a piston compressor tool to make it easier.

As suggested, check out FCP Euro for brakes (especially with their lifetime warranty, even on wear items).
Avoided dimpled/drilled rotors if you want to keep things quiet. Great for cooling, but slotted and smooth rotors won't make the air clicking noise when braking.

I would also look into bleeding the brakes and flushing the fluid if you don't know when it was last done.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
Agree about FCP and IPD being good resources for brake parts. I have also bought from Tirerack and they are good too.

Only thing I would add is make sure you use plenty of silicone lubricant on pad backs and slide pins to eliminate squeaking and pads catching. Also clean everything off with brake cleaner while you are taking it apart initially. Oh, and make sure you use jack stands. Very straightforward job.

·
Registered
'12 S60 T5
89 Posts
+1 for plenty of silicone lubricant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts