SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 XC90 Inscription with the cooled perforated front seats. Bought it back in October, hasn't been hot here until the last few days. I turned on the front cooled seats to max and you can barely feel any air coming out of them. I can hear the fan below the seat so I know something is working down there, but do others experience this very low airflow? As a comparison I had an Escalade rental a few years ago and it blasted out cold air from the seat. Just curious on others experiences with this.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yah I was surprised to know these are not cool seats. Apparently they just blow air, so it's not the usual cool feel seats.

·
Registered
317 Posts
2017 XC90 Inscription with the cooled perforated front seats. Bought it back in October, hasn't been hot here until the last few days. I turned on the front cooled seats to max and you can barely feel any air coming out of them. I can hear the fan below the seat so I know something is working down there, but do others experience this very low airflow? As a comparison I had an Escalade rental a few years ago and it blasted out cold air from the seat. Just curious on others experiences with this.
I think the seats actually suck air in, not blow it out. They are ventilated, but not cooled. I am also disappointed with mine, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the seats actually suck air in, not blow it out. They are ventilated, but not cooled. I am also disappointed with mine, but it's better than nothing.
^ This. It gets HOT here in the US South and I wish they actually cooled vs. simply being ventilated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Auto AC, which blows cold air in all directions, including under the front seats, where they pick it up and cool my front seats wonderfully. Much better than the system I had in my F150, and comparable to every other cooled seat I've had the pleasure to sit , MB, Caddy, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been surprised and pleased at the seat cooling on my MY2019. It's way better than the seat cooling on my previous BMWs. In fact, to me BMW was so bad I didn't even order front seat cooling on my last X5. Especially when wearing relatively thin suit pants or khaki pants, sometimes I have to turn it down or even off -- it's that cold. If the car has been basting in the afternoon sun, it will take longer to feel it, like the AC itself. But I've been very happy so far with the seats.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've been surprised and pleased at the seat cooling on my MY2019. It's way better than the seat cooling on my previous BMWs. In fact, to me BMW was so bad I didn't even order front seat cooling on my last X5. Especially when wearing relatively thin suit pants or khaki pants, sometimes I have to turn it down or even off -- it's that cold. If the car has been basting in the afternoon sun, it will take longer to feel it, like the AC itself. But I've been very happy so far with the seats.
+1

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that's strange, did they make a major seat cooling change between 2017 and 2019? You are saying that you have to turn it down or off it's so cold, and I can barely feel anything even on high. Seat heat however is very good. Wondering if maybe something is wrong with mine.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well that's strange, did they make a major seat cooling change between 2017 and 2019? You are saying that you have to turn it down or off it's so cold, and I can barely feel anything even on high. Seat heat however is very good. Wondering if maybe something is wrong with mine.
I have 2018, I asked dealer to check. Dealer said same thing, they ventilate, they don't blow air out. Dealer confirmed its not that affective as other cars, but something to reduce heat on the seat for sitting for long.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got my new XC60 Inscription w/Lux Leather a week ago. I’m a little arthritic so I use seat heat all year long. While testing out my seat heaters also found I could have cooling on at the same time. Have noticed, seat cooling works best whenAuto AC is in a cool air blowing around floor/under seat are.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just got my new XC60 Inscription w/Lux Leather a week ago. I’m a little arthritic so I use seat heat all year long. While testing out my seat heaters also found I could have cooling on at the same time. Have noticed, seat cooling works best whenAuto AC is in a cool air blowing around floor/under seat are.
You mean not use auto ac? I never understood how to set auto ac, with this fan 1,2,3 thing. You just pick one of the fan levels? When I press and hold on AUTO if choses fan 3.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You set the fan to the maximum speed for the Auto function. The default is 3. You can set it up to 5. I guess this lets you decide if you wants to hear a louder fan in auto or not (I.e., setting it to 5).

·
Registered
383 Posts
You set the fan to the maximum speed for the Auto function. The default is 3. You can set it up to 5. I guess this lets you decide if you wants to hear a louder fan in auto or not (I.e., setting it to 5).
But, what is the auto mode here if you are manually setting fan speed ? Lol. I would think it should auto adjust fan speed as needed to maintain the set temp.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hm I'm confused too, the seat fan is separate from the heating/ac vent fan. I can just select 1, 2, or 3 blue bars on the screen. Not sure where the 5 setting would come from, nor is it implied in the manual. I for one try to keep the heating/ac vent van at a low setting (not the seat fan) as I find the actual physical dash vents to be VERY noisy. They actually whistle in my XC90 even when they are all open, which is annoying. Also, why did they make louvers that you can hardly angle toward yourself. The only one I can actually directly point at myself is the one just to the left of the Sensus screen. The one to the right of the screen only goes as far as straight ahead (not left) and the one on the left of the dash near the driver door only goes straight ahead as well. So strange. Don't get me wrong, I love this car, I am just underwhelmed by some of these small details.

·
Registered
543 Posts
But, what is the auto mode here if you are manually setting fan speed ? Lol. I would think it should auto adjust fan speed as needed to maintain the set temp.
Once the cabin hits the desired temp, the auto function will limit the fan speed to what is necessary. The user simply has the ability to set the uppermost fan speed if he/she wants. As one poster mentioned, perhaps the max fan speed is bothersome,so the user has the ability to keep the top speed to something lower.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Once the cabin hits the desired temp, the auto function will limit the fan speed to what is necessary. The user simply has the ability to set the uppermost fan speed if he/she wants. As one poster mentioned, perhaps the max fan speed is bothersome,so the user has the ability to keep the top speed to something lower.
Yah I guess so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts