SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a little concern about my little 2004 S60R and was hoping someone could give me some pointers... After a car wash, I've notice a wet spot on my passenger side footwell... I haven't had a passenger for the past couple days so it couldn't been left from foot wear. I try to feel up on the plastic over in front of the module and notice it was wet. I was wondering if anyone notice anything similar and what could cause it?.... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Highny, I had the same problem on my '07 V70R. I checked the sunroof drains, clear, Door weatherstriping, nothing there, so I am stumped, too.

Only thing I can think of is I washed the engine that day and maybe it enter through there somehow.

I haven't had to wash my engine since, nor has it leaked again after being washed many times since.

Just going to keep my eye on it and if I do detect a leak again and find the source, I'll report back.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Has the windshield been replaced, or is it the original one?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had the same issue before. Turned out that i had leaves and debris collected under the plastic cowel below the wipers. They were slowing down the water drainage. Anyways, took the wipers off, took the cowel off, and cleaned out the leaves/junk and haven't had the same issue since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has the windshield been replaced, or is it the original one?
It's still the original windshield.

Just going to keep my eye on it and if I do detect a leak again and find the source, I'll report back.
The weatherstrip still look fresh. I'll double check everything again when I get it in a warm area again.

weatherstripping around the door or your sunroof is leaking.
But if it's leaking from the sunroof, wouldn't there be wet spots on the interior overhead?

I had the same issue before. Turned out that i had leaves and debris collected under the plastic cowel below the wipers. They were slowing down the water drainage. Anyways, took the wipers off, took the cowel off, and cleaned out the leaves/junk and haven't had the same issue since.
I'll give that a go. Seems most logical.

Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I think the leaves backing up the drainage is a likely source. I had a problem with the rubber grommet located near the passengers right foot where the door wiring loom enters the cab of the car. It can be checked by removing the one door sill (pops off) and peeling back the carpet on the right side of the footwell. If that rubber grommet popped out, water drainage from the sunroof will trickle down the wiring loom and directly into the footwell. This is a normal path for the sunroof drainage water but the grommet is supposed to prevent it from entering the cab. My floor would get wet after car washes and any time it rained.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I have the similar issue but only after major rains. In my case water drips under the dash on carper and goes into floor mat. have to check the source of leak, probably have to remove plastic cover under wipers. I clear drainage regularly but I think it's not really efficient in events like heavy rain or carwash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts