SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a SUM-0051 code. This corresponds to the front left body acceleration sensor (the one below the driver headlight) having a "signal too low".
When I clear it using VIDA/DICE, it comes back on as soon as I start the car again.

I went through the diagnostic procedure described in VIDA. This entailed checking the sensor wiring to the SUM module for continuity, open circuit, short circuit, all was ok (at least according to my multimeter).

I was also able to view the sensor signal using VIDA, and funny thing, it shows about almost exactly the same value as the front right and rear body sensors. Specifically, the front left was reporting around 2.04V, the front right was 2.07, and the rear was around 2.07. All of the values would move a bit with time, but all were just above 2V.

Any ideas on why the code keeps showing up?

·
Registered
16,847 Posts
Take a ride with vida and graph what that wheel is doing. It’s down in the hub if it’s the one that was messed up on mine. I bet you see a speed difference and if so then let me know. It’s likely different from the other three. Driver headlight accelerator or speed sensor?
I am getting a SUM-0051 code. This corresponds to the front left body acceleration sensor (the one below the driver headlight) having a "signal too low".
When I clear it using VIDA/DICE, it comes back on as soon as I start the car again.

I went through the diagnostic procedure described in VIDA. This entailed checking the sensor wiring to the SUM module for continuity, open circuit, short circuit, all was ok (at least according to my multimeter).

I was also able to view the sensor signal using VIDA, and funny thing, it shows about almost exactly the same value as the front right and rear body sensors. Specifically, the front left was reporting around 2.04V, the front right was 2.07, and the rear was around 2.07. All of the values would move a bit with time, but all were just above 2V.

Any ideas on why the code keeps showing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it’s not the one on the strut. This is one of the two sensors on the front of the frame inside the front bumper.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else ever get the code for the front body acceleration sensors (SUM-0051 or SUM-0061)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts