SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a place that sells custom euro style front plates that are high quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Anyone knows of a place that sells custom euro style front plates that are high quality?

I purchased a "D" (Germany) front license plate from eBay

They sell expired original license plates and ship it to the US and yes it's high quality (I mean you can't beat the quality of the original haha).
it's only $8 to 15$ , I know I wanted the "S" Sweden plates but coudn't find any good ones for less than $40 and I didn't wanted to pay that much since they all look the same from far.
It definelty added more cool factor and grab more attention having a EU license plate in the US.
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Family car Minivan

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I can't speak to the quality but this is a site I've seen people use for custom euro plates. I suspect it would be as good as you'd need it to be.

https://www.europlates.com/

·
Registered
885 Posts
Speaking as a resident of a state that requires a front plate, I don't understand anyone that lives is a state that doesn't require a front plate, yet wants to put one on their car anyway. And even if the car came from a state that had a front plate, I'd still rather have two little screw holes than put a decorative front plate on.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
+1
Here in PA we're not required to have front plates and I really do enjoy the clean looks of the front.
It brings out the design of the car together uninterrupted.
To each his own.

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
Since my plates are my username, I got one at Carlisle matching it for this same price and they made it in front of me. Had it on the front of the s60 for months in the summer (bugs, etc.) and it was pretty damn nice and durable. Cops either never cared or didn't see it.
I can't speak to the quality but this is a site I've seen people use for custom euro plates. I suspect it would be as good as you'd need it to be.
https://www.europlates.com/

·
Registered
17,823 Posts
Europlates.com

Excellent quality, shipping sometimes is slow.

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
I got a plastic one - it's an adapter to mount and house. I'd like a metal one.
Is there a OE Euro plate holder, like the metal frame for US spec? Or does anyone have a suggested frame that is nice quality?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking as a resident of a state that requires a front plate, I don't understand anyone that lives is a state that doesn't require a front plate, yet wants to put one on their car anyway. And even if the car came from a state that had a front plate, I'd still rather have two little screw holes than put a decorative front plate on.
It's honestly not for me but my parents. They have one with hole plugs but when it had PPF installled the front bumper had to be spliced in two pieces so there is a very small fine line where the two pieces meet. It's just OCD kicking in but they were thinking about it. They originally had to run a front plate but now live in a state that doesn't require it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts