SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I replaced a front hub yesterday and got rid of an annoying hum at around 80-100kph. I'm happy about that, but while I was in there I noticed that the front control arm bushings are shot. I'm considering replacing everything in the front end since the car has 111,000Miles on it now. I figure that the struts are most likely almost done and so on.... The front end is a bit clunky so maybe it’s time to do just do everything so I'm not replacing things piece by piece every month or so then having to get a wheel alignment done over and over.

I looked at IPD's website yesterday and found everything I want but I don't like the control arms they offer....URO=junk from what I understand

I looked at FCP Groton and they have Scantech but I know nothing about the quality of Scantech

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
OE from TascaParts.com.

·
Registered
2005 XC90 V8, IPD sways and endlinks, currently shod with Pirelli Scorpion Verde
546 Posts
Get reinforced upper spring seats from IPD. Consider IPD sways.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
i got all the parts from tasca when i did the control arms and sway bar end links. ball joints are a pita on this car. i didnt do them since the car had about 72k on it when i replaced the control arms. also, remember to get new bolts. i forgot and am tightening them for the second time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am doing some front-end work myself. It pays to shop around from different vendors such as pelicanparts, autohausaz, and rmeuropean.

volvowholesaleparts is another Volvo dealership that offers discounted parts.

Rockauto.com also has a good selection of name brand suspension parts including Moog and Raybestos.

I find IPD to be pricey. Their self-branded parts look to be of high-quality construction, but they offer the same warranty as the OEM so I've never been very inclined to purchase them.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I am doing some front-end work myself. It pays to shop around from different vendors such as pelicanparts, autohausaz, and rmeuropean.

volvowholesaleparts is another Volvo dealership that offers discounted parts.

Rockauto.com also has a good selection of name brand suspension parts including Moog and Raybestos.

I find IPD to be pricey. Their self-branded parts look to be of high-quality construction, but they offer the same warranty as the OEM so I've never been very inclined to purchase them.
you get what you pay for. i would do tasca or fcpgroton.com

at least OEM from tasca or cheaper alternatives WITH choices and comparisons of parts similar to OEM from fcpgroton. rockauto does not specialize in volvos although they do have decent prices for some items. fcpgroton ships the same day depending on time of delivery, returns are not a big deal. annually between my volvos and parts i order for friends, i spend $2000-2500 with fcpgroton each year for the last 3 years.

change out both inner tie rods, both outer tie rods, both ball joints, both control arms and both sway bar end links. depending on how your struts are, strut mount, and strut bearing. i did not touch those in my 30k of ownership and my car has 169,500miles

Changing all these suspension components will start adding up BUT in my case i have not had a front suspension hickup in the last 28,000miles all done in 22 months! front end was much firmer and no clunks, moans and groans except from my wallet but it was offset with me performing the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts