SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recently purchased my second S80. 2008 3.2 w/ 112000miles. About three months ago I started noticing a vibration that seemed to be coming from the front passenger side wheel. I checked pressure, balanced tires, and rotated tires but nothing seemed to help. I've replaced both front axles (the right one twice) and alligned. After all this it ran fine for a couple of weeks then today started again. It mostly happens when cold but always when it is or has been raining. Any help would be appreciated if anyone is familiar with this problem. Thank you.

·
3,391 Posts
If you're using non-OEM aftermarket new or "remanufactured" axles, I would bet that's your problem. Brand new Volvo axles are very expensive, so I'm sure that's why you'd go with an aftermarket solution. Get yourself a set of low-mileage used OEM axles from a junk yard. Southern Vovo is a great option. www.southernvovo.com That's what I'd do. Aftermarket axles have notoriously high failure rates and high DOA rates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, was trying to get by cheaply because there was such a huge difference in price and when I started I wasn't sure if that was the issue. The ones I got were FEQ's and reviews were good. I've ordered an engine mount and if that doesn't do it going to go genuine on the axle assembly. Southern didn't have one but I'll look around. Thank you for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts