SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an ongoing clicking/binding noise coming from front end on slow turns that I assumed was CV joints. I've had the issue with other cars and replaced the joints or half shaft. So, I went through and replaced the driver's side half shaft over the weekend (a tale for another post).

Noise is still there. Now, it's possible that it's the passenger side, but it sounds like it's coming from the front left/center. Now I'm concerned it's the trans. Any other possibilities?

·
Registered
498 Posts
brake pads. I had this issue for a very long time when I first bought my 2015 xc60RD. After many many trips to the dealer, lemon attorneys, and more trips to another dealer, the issue turned out that replacing the pads fixed the click noise. Must have been some sort of play that no tech could reproduce by hand. Although now at 40k+ miles later I am starting to hear it start back up, so maybe time to change the pads soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely sounds inboard, towards center of car, but I was going to replace the brakes anyway so I'll definitely test that theory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts