SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a front end clunk while going over even the smallest bump in the road. I have replaced the strut, upper strut mount, Upper strut bearing, End links, Lower control arm, Sub frame bushings. I am going to replace the ball jpints. I still have the clunk. It has upgraded bushings for all motor and transmission mpounts. It is getting to the point that I don't dare drive the car. I need any advice that is out there.
HELP

Sam

·
Registered
547 Posts
Fully compress your suspension with a jack under the hub, then tighten that cross nut on the strut. I've seen that cause it

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like you have gone through the ringer. Mine is doing the same, but my spring seats are TOAST.

If you jack it up, can you get it to pop any by pushing up and down hard on the strut? I'm able to do so and hear the clunks.

Question - are the bolts holding your steering rack in place tight? How about your steering wheel u-joint?

·
Registered
174 Posts
After an especially violent 4C suspension crash earlier this year, mine began exhibiting an annoying clunk over bumps.

It seems to be caused solely by a not-exactly-loose-but-not-fully-engaged fog light grille -- 2 or 3 of its inboard little plasdick clips broke off during the giant jolt... now, whenever the clunk comes back, I find the grille less-fully-engaged again...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the tips. This weekend I will try ALL of your advice.

Thanks again
Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts