SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XC90 V8 Sport (98000 miles) is making a click sound when going from Park to either Drive or Reverse. So I can go between D and R and back and its driving me a little crazy! IPD thinks its a Engine/Trans Torque Mount and my mechanic thinks its coming from the Transfer Case. To me it sounds like its coming from that area and more like a single click of a CV joint, but not being a skilled technician, I am just oping for something a bit less dramatic. Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
there is a TSB for a slight movement in the hubs from the axles being slightly loose inside of the hub. The dealer just puts a glue in there.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Subframe bushings. IPD has urethane inserts that also help long term.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...vetrain-loaded-or-unloaded-2008-XC90-V8-Sport

Can have a look at this link, can also check when you're driving to see if you can detect any sounds when loading and unloading the drivetrain. My particular issue remains, but the ping fix did make it far less noticeable so might be worth a try. And if someone does the ping fix, ask that they use new axle bolts (aka SEMS screws, PN 30741287 I believe).

For me, was not subframe bushings, installed the IDP inserts right off the bat (Tommm is right, this could be the culprit, was not in my particular case). I would do them regardless at some time, have in both my cars (the '05 since 2012, the '08 since September), well worth the effort. And I might also be checking the upper and lower torque mounts just to get that out of the way.

If it's a click, I personally vote ping. If it's a knock, could be something else entirely.

Let us know what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts