SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather peculiar problem: a couple days ago, we set off in the XC90 and a few km's later the front passenger door opened itself while the car was moving! All the doors were definitely closed fully before we left, and everything seemed ok until the sound of the door opening was heard; the dome lights came on and the "PASSENGER DOOR OPEN" message was displayed, just like if we meant to open it...<p>We paid attention from then on to see if we could notice any human error causes. Yesterday, we set off and once again after a few km's it happened, although it was the driver's door this time. Dome lights, chime, and warning message were all on, like the previous time.<p>In neither instance was there physical contact with the door on our part, and both times were at different speeds and exterior temperatures. The only thing in common is that either front door opened just a bit after setting off (while in motion), with the car having been off for over an hour prior.<p>Has this happened to anyone else? Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong here? We've had the car less than a month and it was a factory order (spent a bit over a week at the dealer before we took delivery).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Front doors opening on their own (Spasoje)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Spasoje</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>Has this happened to anyone else?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes, to a rear door while driving over railway tracks.<br><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=33676&postid=293298#293298" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...93298</A>

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Front doors opening on their own (Tao)

Good to know that it didn't only happen to me... <p>We took it to the dealer, who has never seen this problem before. Nevertheless, they did an adjustment on the doors (something to do with the latches I believe), so we'll see if the problem reoccurs.<p>What is noticeable after the service is that the doors are easier to close now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts