SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if I have missed this, but I could not find this in the stickys or with a search. How hard is it to replace the front control arms? I have access to a lift if this makes it easier. I want to do all that I can myself, but nothing that requires special tools or knowledge. as far as experience, I have helped do things as extensive as overhaul engines, and have done exhuasts, brakes, radiators, starters, etc myself.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I apologize if I have missed this, but I could not find this in the stickys or with a search. How hard is it to replace the front control arms? I have access to a lift if this makes it easier. I want to do all that I can myself, but nothing that requires special tools or knowledge. as far as experience, I have helped do things as extensive as overhaul engines, and have done exhuasts, brakes, radiators, starters, etc myself.
If you have access to a lift it's a 30min job if that. Really easy to do. Search YouTube and there is a video showing how to do it on a V70 which has the same layout.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
↑ ↑ Like deez ↓ ↓

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just did this job.... the drivers side is cake.... no prob at all. The passenger side is a pain because getting a wrench on the forward bolts is nearly impossible. I had to grind some of the frame /flange away just to access the bolts, and finally got it. MAKE SURE you put anti-sieze on the bolts so you can redo the job in another 100k ... ALSO... passnger side has some fluid lines in the way .... I don't know what lines these are but they are difficult to move out of the way, and make getting to those difficult bolts even more difficult....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts