SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for a car and there was no front spoiler on this even though the sticker says it came with it. Is it added by the Service Dept just before a sale so as to minimize the risk of damage on a test drive? Salesman had no idea. Thx for any info.
I did not buy it (have one in Cyan Racing Blue or is it Rebel Blue). The dealer was willing to sell it for $47,700

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. Even the front winglets are not installed at the factory - they are installed by the dealer upon the customer's request. I bought mine used from the original owner and he gave me the box that contained the winglets and directions on how to install. I would think the front CF spoiler would be the same.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The service department needs to install it. If you bought it and the CF splitter is noted on the sticker, then they need to add it on. I went through this before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CF bits (save for the mirror caps) ship to the dealer in boxes within the V/S60. So they do not get damaged while in transit (via car carriers?). Once the dealer receives it, they should be installed prior to sale. A "Polestar Certified" dealer should know to do that but it's evident (from my experience) that the majority of sales/service people don't really have much knowledge about the Polestar. They know the badge and that it belongs to Volvo, but not what makes the car special. Not surprising since it is a rather limited run so why would a lot of them bother? I went to another Volvo dealer and one of the sales guys asked me if it was a real Polestar or if I just put the badge on it. I kinda just looked at him and he looked at my seats and then he says, " OH $#)+! it IS a Polestar!" Then again most people don't know/care about Polestar and just see another Volvo station wagon. It makes me love the car so much more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts