SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front bumper has been scratched, scuffed, scraped, and sanded (road grime). I don't want the R bumper, which brings me to my question. Viva (VP tuning) lets you buy a painted bumper from them, but only an R bumper. Without going to the dealership here (which I'm skeptical of) how might I go about buying a non-R painted front bumper? Could I order a non-R one from Viva?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Front Bumper (Cabot)

Try some of the volvo parts houses on line

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Two different bumpers (well, bumper covers) are sold....one with the holes for the headlight wipers and one without. The painted ones come in the color codes (same as your car's color code) and have different part numbers depending on the color code. If you can post which color code and whether or not your car has light wipers, I can give you the part number. From there, you can call fcpgroton.com (you'll have to talk to them as they aren't listed on their site) and they'll be able to quote you a price. Like JRL said, either them or another vendor, such as Keystone.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Thanks JRL and Japan. The bumper currently on my S70 has the headlamp wipers, foglights, and is either color code #445 or 428. I'm away from the car now so I can't check. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Paint code 428: 9419826<br>Paint code 445: 9477296<p>Then I find a list that indicates "with foglight" which confounds me because the list above, I thought was also with foglights. Anyway, check these too:<br>Paint code 428: 9420436<br>Paint code 445: Not listed in this second list<p>At least this should get you started. Inquire to exactly what they look like before ordering. Make sure it matches up with what you are wanting.

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Re: Front Bumper (Cabot)

Could also try Red at Brentwood Volvo, outside St. Louis. It's a dealership but they have great prices on parts. Not sure about painting. You could have your local bodyshop spray and clearcoat the bumper cover for you if you wanted to mount it yourself. I don't think the bumpers are too hard to remove and install on these cars. I removed the one on my P2 R in around 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Japan and Wayne. I appreciate the help. I'll probably end up having an indie place put the new bumper on. I'm kind of hopeless when it comes to tools. I could probably do it, but not without messing up something else. <p>Does anyone know if new bumpers come with those horrible front plate brackets?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MadeInJapan</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Paint code 428: 9419826<br>Paint code 445: 9477296<p>Then I find a list that indicates "with foglight" which confounds me because the list above, I thought was also with foglights. Anyway, check these too:<br></TD></TR></TABLE><br> ALL the bumpers have the openings for fogs. If you have fogs you put them back, if not, there are those black plastic grills that go there<br>The R bumper is designed for fogs with no "blank" grills, only the grills that are cut out for fogs.Also the R bumper has three (3) distinct front lower grills, the other grills do not fit

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a new Volvo dealer downtown (Volvo of Los Angeles). I'll give them a try for this part. When my battery went flat and I bought a new one from them, they drove me back to my apartment, even though they were closing. Nice people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts