SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have an 04 2.5 and I should need 316mm rotors and pads but instead it had 316mm rotors and 336mm pads. With 316mm pads, they don't cover the whole disc. I had to go to the auto parts store and pickup 336mm pads. Anyone else run into this?

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Do you have 7 seats?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
i believe you should have the 336 set up then. maybe the PO swapped some stuff out on you?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the 316 rotor and 336 pads match up perfectly, so if I had bigger rotors and pads, I don't know what that would do.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
So i have an 04 2.5 and I should need 316mm rotors and pads but instead it had 316mm rotors and 336mm pads. With 316mm pads, they don't cover the whole disc. I had to go to the auto parts store and pickup 336mm pads. Anyone else run into this?

Yes I had problem as many others with this crap of car.
In volvo service I order to.change disks and as serial 2.5t VOR 2006 had 336 mm.disks but some young guy placed smaller disks and new bigger pads and see photo whats happened after few tousands km start squeeking like killimg pig...we open and I complain of course. ..and there is also gipsy business that new pads I need to pay lol. I paid but never again come.back to this volvo service in Slovenia. FO.
You made mistake I paid new disks new pads and you placed wrong and than you asked me to pay new.pads bloody bastards. Wait a min. For photo.

Sent from African Safary Jungle ;)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

If you continue to use bigger pads your disks will shake soon and you will need new disks. Change all at once allways. Bye.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
See photos whats happened and dont listen stupid comments how big pads 336 going well on smaller disks. Bs. Sorry for rudeness but im writting from my own experience see my photo when they placed smaller disks and bigger pads.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess whoever replaced the brakes before I owned it put the wrong pads on. I did have some weird problems and put on the 316mm pads and they are fine now.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts