SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopped in the car today and the front camera was fine in the morning. In the afternoon after some rain, front blind view camera just has a black screen and no image. The rear camera is still fine.

Anyone have some ideas? I have stopped and started the car again and no luck. Having seen the entertainment unit once fail to start up i am wondering if this is transient or just completely buggered.

Cheers

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Suspect/hope it may be the circuit breaker - I had to replace it when the car was new due to the front camera not being installed correctly (Atrocious volvo dealer - but that is another story!) . Couldn't get a genuine volvo fuse, so it may be just the rubbish (only thing available) fuse i used.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fuse. had this happened to me before.
If you can, check power in the outlet located between two front seats (at least that is where it is in MY13 ). If there is no power there, definitely circuit breaker. This is the location harness for the front camera gets its power.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks - I checked the outlet as you suggested - no power there! - and it was the fuse. Can't see why it would blow, (& I wasn't using the center outlet at the time )

Hopefully that's the end of it and not something more serious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks - I checked the outlet as you suggested - no power there! - and it was the fuse. Can't see why it would blow, (& I wasn't using the center outlet at the time )

Well when we bought the car it did not came with that camera so the dealer installed it......well the first one he installed, the image was all blurry, so he had to install another one......and it is working....knock on wood.....but the image has no cmparison to the one in the back.....It seemed to me that the instalation was not a very minor thing,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah,when I bought the car I asked if it could be factory installed and they refused. I tried to get them to make an exception after having read the camera installation instructions (which is like an Ikea nightmare) and deciding early on that it was a level above the dealers intellect. (They told me the just drill through the bulkhead for the cable - I suggested if you follow the instructions, there is a hole and rubber seal already in place)

Unfortunately they didn't follow the instructions to the letter and failed to connect the centre console power supply, which i picked up with a borescope/inspection camera, so back to another dealer for warranty work. Hopefully I am not still suffering the first (or possibly second) dealers incompetence. (And I say that only in the nicest possible way) :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah,when I bought the car I asked if it could be factory installed and they refused. I tried to get them to make an exception after having read the camera installation instructions (which is like an Ikea nightmare) and deciding early on that it was a level above the dealers intellect. (They told me the just drill through the bulkhead for the cable - I suggested if you follow the instructions, there is a hole and rubber seal already in place)

Unfortunately they didn't follow the instructions to the letter and failed to connect the centre console power supply, which i picked up with a borescope/inspection camera, so back to another dealer for warranty work. Hopefully I am not still suffering the first (or possibly second) dealers incompetence. (And I say that only in the nicest possible way) :)
I ordered the car with both cameras, front and back. I was told that one is a port installed option (i think back up camera) and the other one is a dealer installed option (front?)

When i brought the car to a dealer to deal with a dead front camera, one of the advisers told me that camera and everything else that may be connected to the center power outlet is putting too much load to that circuit. I am just carrying extra fuses with me in the glove compartment all the time. Too much trouble going to the dealer.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I had issues with my 12v outlet. Blew 2 fuses. They replaced the outlet. Then I got power to the outlet ( light on cord came on) but wouldn't power anything
They recently replaced the harness which seems to have fixed the problem. This occurred over 2 and 3/4 years
Have them check the harness if 12v keeps blowing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts