SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I think your experience parallels many new P2 Volvo owners. These cars get pretty needy around 125k miles. On my 07 V70 (Purchased in Dec 2017 w/ 138k) I've done PCV, serpentine belt, radiator hoses, heater core, front control arms, ball joints, tie rods, coolant flush, transmission fluid flush, alternator, HVAC blower, and that's just the major items.

BTW, rent an axle popper from Autozone to get the left inner CV out of the transmission. Wedge it in and a couple of whacks with a 2lb sledge, and mine popped right out.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The wheel bearings on mine are in perfect condition at 130k miles and the roads here are quite bad. Tested them by hand - by the way, to test them we have to remove both the brake caliper and the axle shaft. If the steering is vague, I would first look at the controls arms, or worse, at the subframe bushings

·
Registered
306 Posts
Here is (in my opinion) the absolute best way to test wheel bearings/hubs. Raise the vehicle off the ground, whichever corner you want to test. Get someone to spin the wheel by hand and grab the coil spring. The coil spring picks up the tiniest vibrations and you can feel every bit of a vibration through it. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts