1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RANTS n' RAVES!

Rants:

Bevel Gear x2
Tire blew out the other day, rim is still perfect.
I'm broke for the time being.
Over $1600 into her this past 2 weeks.

Raves:

Fender Stripes go on today.
Full Detail(hopefully pending time)
V12 EVOS going on after work.
Taking tomorrow off for nothing special.
B&J TOMORROW!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO Ice Cream and Sexy Cars.

Wearing:

Work Attire as usual.

PINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKpinkPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINKPINK

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
rants

-something is leaking, it's clear, just had slave done so i suppose it could be that. what color is the power steering fluid, knowing my luck it's the steering rack about to crap the bed.
-rear wheel bearing needs replacing.

raves
-caught parking brakes before they grenaded. 3/4 shoes were bad and fell out when rotors came of
-car is running alright beside said problems
-day off.
-in the hunt for a new 2nd car.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Rants
Helping the wife over the phone with computer issues - "the wireless keyboard and mouse don't work" Are the batteries good? "I don't know how to get the mouse batteries out" :facepalm: Did you try plugging the USB cord back in? "which plug is that?" :facepalm::facepalm: It's kinda rectangular "I tried every one, it won't work, I'm pressing the connect button now - OK it's working" :mad:

Almost time for new tires. Don't like spending the $$, but I do like the new tire smell! :D

Raves
Gosh, it's Friday and not a moment too soon! Donuts at work this morning, I love donuts! Did I mention it was Friday?

On-Tap
Corona and fresh limes waiting for me to get home today. :beer:

·
Registered
322 Posts
rants

-Past 3 times through the car wash generated a CEL P2195. O2 Sensor going out
-Going to miss the garage sale at IPD because they don't have an Oval exhaust in so not worth the drive

raves

-Meth kit is rocking the car - going to the larger nozzle as a test this weekend
-the Boss bought 2006 S60R so another toy to work on!
- A 1969 Mustang that has been in my garage for 2 years FINALLY goes to the Owner in Texas today!!

Wearing

-Work shirt and Jeans
-Go Lite Work Shoes

·
Registered
271 Posts
rants:
some guys at work act like little girls
cant figure out how to transfer to brushed alum buttons lol
slightly grinded reverse this morning

RAVES:
bought a new injen intake for some new noises lol
killing it at work
getting off at 12 today!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rants:
-Ordered new rear wiper for the XC90; broke the wiper arm trying to get the old wiper off, grrrrr. :mad:
-4 new Pegasus rims have put a huge dent in the finances! :eek:
-My indy's wheel machine only goes up to 17" rims, WTF!?!?! Have to find a tire place now. :facepalm:
-Lots of yard/house work this weekend. Not looking forward to all of that. :thumbdown:

Raves:
-4 new Anthracite Pegasus rims, man they look so fresh and so clean. I can't wait to get them on the R.:cool:
-By buying 4, getting $200 back from Volvo. :D
-Will now have a fill size spare as well one I buy an additional tire. :thumbup:

Wearing:
-Working from home so black Dallas Star sweats and a Troegs oatmeal stout shirt.

Listening To:
-MxPx - Plans Within Plans

On Tap:
-Allagash White and possible a new case of something else. :beer:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rants
Helping the wife over the phone with computer issues - "the wireless keyboard and mouse don't work" Are the batteries good? "I don't know how to get the mouse batteries out" :facepalm: Did you try plugging the USB cord back in? "which plug is that?" :facepalm::facepalm: It's kinda rectangular "I tried every one, it won't work, I'm pressing the connect button now - OK it's working" :mad:

Almost time for new tires. Don't like spending the $$, but I do like the new tire smell! :D
I deal with this daily as I am the IT at work and the two receptionist are computer illiterate.

Need tires? How about EVO V12's for $490 Installed ;).

I'm pretty sure you only need one of those... :p
Second replacement in one year.

My rant is now a rave!
Good...I aim to please.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Rants:

Still mad at myself for ruining my door, but my blood pressure/background anxiety level seems to be returning to normal.
Need to have the car looked at by a body shop to straighten the cosmetic damage to the B-pillar.
Steering wheel no longer level when driving straight forwards after getting new front anti-sway bar installed.
Boot around steering column going through firewall has become dislodged and is letting noises through, need to muck around with that.

Raves:

Got a new-to-me door for not a lot of money the day after I wrecked mine. Just needs some adjustment and touch-up.
New brakes going on this weekend.
Clunking has gone away, bushing on anti-sway bar was toast.
EDIT: Oh right, happy 27th birthday to me. Woooooooo.

---

I seriously think I'd have traded my R in for a new STI after the door incident if there wasn't a 2013 model just around the corner. It also helps that the 2012 STi's stereo isn't all that great compared to the R's.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Rant
Work is still crazy, I want to get all these work tasks completed NAO!!
Did I say I was getting married? The bride is getting anxy, now that it's close to a month away...
Found that my spring seat is broken on the damn passenger side, looks like that corner is complete destroyed from the pothole last year; wheels, endlinks, control arms ,ball joint, axle, spring seat, what's next? Strut? ugh...
Haven't been able to work on any of my R projects

Raves
Weather is finally getting better again.
Other than the spring seat, car is feeling a lot firmer. And with all the wonky suspension solved, seems to be able to put down the power a lot more.
Ordered the CNT OBX DP :D
Figured out what exhaust tips I want for the R. Looks like some custom mods to the exhaust panels to fit on both sides.

Wearing
Blue Polo shirt, Khakis, & White sneakers.

Drinking
Mocha Latte

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
RANTS:
-Work
-Downpipe/Exhaust is clunky
-Need to get sways installed

RAVES:
-Car handles so well. Makes me smile every time I make a turn, can't wait til I get the sways in.
-Exhaust sounds so nice :)
-2 week break from school between semesters, done in August!
-Carlisle is coming up and my car is in semi-decent shape!!
-Ordered Adam's Rotors Sport I's (Over-dimpled pattern) and HPS pads
-Going to finally load the tune before the end of the month :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Vio your a little more flamboyant than normal today, dial it back bro.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts