-FMIC install coming up
-2 weeks vacation! :beer:

Listening to:
Journey greatest hits :D

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Rants:
- It is a beautiful day outside but I'm at my desk working. Used up most of my vacation on OSD.
- Can't get "real" Volvo windshield washer fluid (the kind that came with the car) in the US. There is something about the smell.

Raves:
- Volvo dealer service. 7500 Mile service yesterday, no-headache Sensus 3.0 upgrade, and I even got a rebate form for the oil change (synth upgrade).
- Mount for FTM-350 head and Garmin GPS installed. A lot better than having those bouncing around in a cup holder. Pictures added to "what did you do..." thread (I think).
- Saturday York meet, wife wants to go and then visit pretzel factory afterward

Listening to:
- Nothing at the moment, hard to do when bouncing between conference calls.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Rants:

-The past two weeks have been insane.
-Left my windows and sunroof open on Thursday because it was such a beautiful day, fell asleep on the couch and woke up to rain....Needless to say, THAT WAS A F'ING BLAST...Cleaning, recond. the leather this weekend. Luckily, nothing electrical was harmed and everything is functional....Thank the lord.
-Vacuum lines, Oil, Wastegate adjustment tool are still sitting in my trunk, Time is becoming a valuable thing.
-Haven't had much time to frequent the new threads on this beloved site.

Raves:

-Just scrummaged enough extra cash together to partake in some F/R Ultra Racing strut tower braces.
-Finished a huge web design project.
-Making killer overtime at work.
-It....is.....almost my weekend.
-Sunday is coming, which means I can sleep.
-SCD is next weekend, should be fun.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Rants:

Car has been in shop for over a week. But I have been away since.
Guy hasn't called to say if it is done.
This McDonald's didn't put enough Ranch on my snack wrap.
Driving behind campers

Raves :

Going to Corvettes at Carlise Friday.
Going home.
Got some free old tools.
Possibly going to pick the R up. Will have to call.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Rants:

Worked almost 100 hours since Monday, brain is in 'Limp Mode'. I seriously cant do simple math right now.
Advisor has been frustrating to say the least....other committee member asked how the week of advisor torture has been.
Utah still only sells 3.2% beer.

Raves:
Got final acceptance for my paper to the Journal of Hydrometeorology (my first peer-reviewed paper; life-long goal of mine)
Been married a month now, feels no different except we have nice curtains and some new kitchen stuff....I didn't get the classic car gift from the uncle-in-law like I was hoping haha
Starting another semester which means an extra $200 a month for a few months for being a TA, guess where $$$ gets to go?
Excited about future caR endeavors (see above)
Only car guy I am friends with just left for Oklahoma to pick up his F-body Camero RS with E90 blower....excited to help him on his quest to 500 hp.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rants:

Worked almost 100 hours since Monday, brain is in 'Limp Mode'. I seriously cant do simple math right now.
Advisor has been frustrating to say the least....other committee member asked how the week of advisor torture has been.
Utah still only sells 3.2% beer.

Raves:
Got final acceptance for my paper to the Journal of Hydrometeorology (my first peer-reviewed paper; life-long goal of mine)
Been married a month now, feels no different except we have nice curtains and some new kitchen stuff....I didn't get the classic car gift from the uncle-in-law like I was hoping haha
Starting another semester which means an extra $200 a month for a few months for being a TA, guess where $$$ gets to go?
Excited about future caR endeavors (see above)
Only car guy I am friends with just left for Oklahoma to pick up his F-body Camero RS with E90 blower....excited to help him on his quest to 500 hp.
Congrats on the paper and marriage!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rants:
-work; stuck in my current position.
-tired.
-needed a new gas cap and side mirror lens.

Raves:
-it's the weekend.
-picked up some good beer.

On Tap:
-Sly Fox Octoberfest.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Raves:
Been married a month now

I'm not sure which ypu remember more, your first peer-reviewed paper or your first marriage :) Loved Logan so much I stayed there for 2 BS degrees (Biology and Chemistry) and an MS degree (Biochemistry). Guess it has changed a lot since the early 70's. Have you had the typical newlywed event yet? You come home to find your wife cleaning the bathroom and your comment is "What? Are we moving??"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts