SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RAVES:
Going on Vacation for a week - Fishing, drinking good beer, eating, & sleeping "Up North" (Hayward area)
CaR has been running great - maybe that Oil Change with Mobil-1 last time did her some good
(ADD - somebody at the bakery Frosting-Bombed my Cinnamon Roll, it's REALLY gooey good!)

RANTS
I'll be driving wifey's Subie Outback all next week (too much Schmidt to haul!), but will be on nice, twisty roads in the Northwoods. The Subie is OK, it's relatively new, but is short on power.
Other than that, life is good

DRINKING
Columbian El Castillo from Alterra (good stuff) with a nice Cinnamon Roll
Tonight - got me some New Glarus IIPA (If you like IPA and can get yer paws on some - DO IT!)

Have a great week y'all

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Happy vacationing!

I'll be driving wifey's Subie Outback all next week (too much Schmidt to haul!),
Shudda got a V... just sayin' :D

... going to see Batman today so yay!!!
Did you hear what happened at a Colorado theatre? Utterly senseless and TRAGIC!!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
RAVES:
Selling the Dodge to my dad, goodbye truck payment! :) Putting it away for a few things for the R if i decide to keep it.
Anti-Skid Service message was just a bent accelerometer bracket, fixed and fixed!

RANTS
It's too hot to remove the stereo from the Dodge, but I gotta do it anyway.
Wife was given an interior design project that needs to be done by tomorrow...so no Batman viewing tonight, $$$$$$$ though :)

DRINKING
Abita Andygator later on tonight, seems to be all I drink these days :)

TUNES:
Drive by Truckers - Zip City

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shudda got a V... just sayin' :D
Yup - gotta' agree. If I ever trade-up for a newer R, it will be for a 2007 VR
(Or maybe by then, a Caddy CTS-V Wagon)
(but, they're really hard to find around here with a Stick - I've seen some really clean V70Rs, but they all have GD-Tronics in 'em)
OTOH, I got my S60R for around 13K with only about 60K on the ODO - an equivalent V70R would have cost me more at the time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rants:
-iPod battery is dying. It only lasts about 3 albums now. It is from 2006 though.
-R is dirty and needs a good hand washing.

Raves:
-Heading to the mountains for the weekend. Weather is going to be a lot cooler.
-I'm loving the tining in the R so far.
-R has been feeling great lately.
-Helping a buddy learn about his Mazda 6 and saving him some $$.
-Just ordered a new iPod battery for $20. Woohoo, extended life!

On Tap:
-Starbucks now.
-Hopefully finding some nice sixpack later.

Listening To:
-Nero and New Found Glory (until my iPod just died)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Rants:

-Rear suspension sucks to install with a pissed off mindset. Took 2 days so I could clear my mind, blew through it in 2 hours under those conditions.
-Nothing else!

Raves:

-Eibachs are in!
-Car has been sparkling all week with this beautiful weather.
-Mods TDB list is getting smaller and smaller.
-Install went very well.
-Subframe Bushing Inserts go in this Sunday.
-Went on a date on Wednesday with a really nice, pretty girl. She's chasing me like crazy, it feels good. Going out again Sunday.
-Smoking a big fat cubano this weekend chilling by the fire up north with my R parked close by so I can stare at how pretty she is.
-Getting tipsy as well.
-Life is at an all time high for me right now. Making a ton of money, working a job I love, hanging out with people I love as well and to top it all off....The R is actually running EXTREMELY well.

Wearing:

-Docksides, Shorts, V-neck....Oh yeah.

Thinking about:

Giorgi with a side thought of TI-R

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Rants:
R has a hesitation @2100 RPM in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gear. Going to check the vacuum lines and all. Just did the seafoam treatment last week.
It's raining so I actually can't check anything
Too much rain
Car is dirty from rain
I don't like rain.

Raves:
Buying some tools with a huge discount!
That's it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Rants:
Can't order a Phmic until Phuz (Matt) gets back to me. Been waiting for over a week for a response. About to give up with him. Not happy at all. Sent PM and called his company and no responses.

Raves: getting my exhaust and DP
Fixed. Autovation pedals come tomorrow. Can't wait for that. Just installed my Imiv back up camera. Works great so far. Also revived a modified melbus cable from them. Now I no longer have a grounding issue and no more hissing!
It's Friday and going to the Phillies game tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
RAVES:

Weather changes and other situations occured allowing me to enjoy the R at 70-75F ambient temp instead of 90-100F - nice to feel that power back! Plus I get to enjoy either my Jekyll or Hyde exhausts... :)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Rants:
R has a hesitation @2100 RPM in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gear. Going to check the vacuum lines and all. Just did the seafoam treatment last week.
Did you do the full seafoam treatment, i.e. fuel, crankcase and intake induction cleaning? If so, the intake induction cleaning may have fouled your plugs and/or oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
RAVES:

Weather changes and other situations occured allowing me to enjoy the R at 70-75F ambient temp instead of 90-100F - nice to feel that power back! Plus I get to enjoy either my Jekyll or Hyde exhausts... :)

Nice!! I've had that very same idea! How does it sound?? I was thinking I could add a muffler in place of the OEM resonator.

What size tubing did you "splice" in? 2"?

Cheap and effective exhaust mod FTW!!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Did you do the full seafoam treatment, i.e. fuel, crankcase and intake induction cleaning? If so, the intake induction cleaning may have fouled your plugs and/or oxygen sensor.
Yeah I did. I plan on doing the plugs soon. So hopefully that'll fix it!

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Nice!! I've had that very same idea! How does it sound?? I was thinking I could add a muffler in place of the OEM resonator.

What size tubing did you "splice" in? 2"?

Cheap and effective exhaust mod FTW!!!
It is definitely loud and sounds awesome from outside the car. Inside it sounds great when you're having fun but at certain RPMs the drone is too much for long trips. Tolerable for shorter trips as long as you're okay with turning heads everywhere. Lots of gurgles/pops off-throttle.

I'm doing a RAAMMAT treatment in the trunk and rear doors and then I'll see if that takes care of the drone. If not I might add a tiny straight-through muffler or resonator on the single-pipe section.

Local shop did the muffler delete for about $80 in an hour. Pipe size is either 2 inches or slightly less, I'm not sure. It matches the stock size perfectly. The second OEM exhaust was $75 from a local member and the RAAMMAT kit was about $100. So, way less money than a "big name" kit, plus I can switch between stock and awesome loud in about 30-40 minutes in my garage.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts