SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so come on...no one started it today?!!

Raves:
- in Tampa FL on a work this this weekend until Wednesday. Will also help my friend work on his 335i
- a special package came in with something for the car...more to tell soon :) but it's long and hard

Rants:
- nothing really... cut myself shaving?

Listening to:
- nothing

Reading:
- finished the Hunger Games trilogy - didnt like it at all
- starting the Steve Jobs biography - and no, i'm not a MAC guy

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Wow, very late in the day for this.

RANTS:
-R is dirty
-The usual school/work mixture

RAVES:
-Exhaust, springs, struts go in tomorrow :D
-Soccer started this week, feels great to play again

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Raves:
Just orderd a Viva rear strut brace
Its Friday

Rants:
I just want my car back

·
Registered
179 Posts
RANTS:
-- R is oh, so very dirty. Especially after a NJ/Pittsburgh round trip last weekend
-- At 68k or so miles, need to do 67.5 mile service. I have never worked on a car, and will be doing this myself. Expect a post soon about what to look for. :)

Raves:
-- R is still going strong
-- Strongly considering taking advantage of a UR braces set from Viva. $150 off is nothing to scoff at! If so, this will be my first performance-enhancing mod. Exciting times!
-- Working on a car for the first time this weekend. Oil change plus general "what does this shiny thing do" inspection.

Reading:
-- going to start the Hunger Games Trilogy. I have seen the movie, and it seemed reasonably good, despite the slightly macabre premise. (Put your kids in a death match, seriously?!) Tomedkaz, what concerns did you have with it?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Raves:
I too received several car goodies in the mail today. DP and SS blue brakelines
Splurged on the car and also ordered the full UR brace set from Viva, as well as some spacers from motorsport-tech
Made maple bacon ice cream earlier this week. This stuff is like crack! Super delicious. Also made lemon icebox pie icecream, which isn't too shabby either :D

Rants:
Waiting for shipping on the rest of the parts
Not enough time to get these things put in until June, most likely.

Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin. [I'm still in GoT, and not very far into it either...]

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Rants:
- R is really dirty, and the weather is craptastic.
- Met a new client of ours today, and they are a complete mess. Not sure what I can do for this project at this point...

Raves:
- Looking forward to working on the suspension this weekend, going to pull it apart to see what's going on and what's causing the vibrations.
- New LCA, Control Arms, Endlinks this weekend. Lots of work, but fun stuff.
- Funny older guy in a 4dr. Yaris pulled up beside me, rolled down the window and said "Just wanted to say that your car is really nice" LOL

Listening to:
Dragonette

Reading:
Jquery Mobile - Up and Running

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rants:
- R is really dirty, and the weather is craptastic.
- Met a new client of ours today, and they are a complete mess. Not sure what I can do for this project at this point...

Raves:
- Looking forward to working on the suspension this weekend, going to pull it apart to see what's going on and what's causing the vibrations.
- New LCA, Control Arms, Endlinks this weekend. Lots of work, but fun stuff.
- Funny older guy in a 4dr. Yaris pulled up beside me, rolled down the window and said "Just wanted to say that your car is really nice" LOL

Listening to:
Dragonette

Reading:
Jquery Mobile - Up and Running
DevolvR, I didn't know you were in the web dev game! I am a core/backend developer, but I would like to get familiar with web development. Do you have any recommendations where to start?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
DevolvR, I didn't know you were in the web dev game! I am a core/backend developer, but I would like to get familiar with web development. Do you have any recommendations where to start?
Um, lol I'm really not akin to backend development, not quite sure my recommendations would be best for you. I'm more on the creative side of things that deals with usability, creative, user experience etc.

I work heavily alongside backend developers and help with front-end integration. I would start with basic web platforms (asp.net C#, php, HTML4-5 etc) What are your current programming skills and knowledge?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ah, UX development. I was never interested in that in College, but now that I have graduated, I find myself wanting to learn about it. :/ My programming skills are basically C/C++, but a lot of it. I am a very systems sort of guy, both in interests and in current work. I've heard that HTML --> CSS --> JS --> webapps in <insert favorite language here> is a good path, but seeing as you know some about this, it would be nice to get your opinion.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Rants
-no time for special projects
-sway bars not back from powder coater so no lift time.
-all parts for boost gauge install not here

Raves
-r is running very well and clean
-not on call and no upgrades this weekend

Drinking
-no beer on hand :0

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rants:
-Work week sucked.
-friend was supposed to hang out tonight and got sick.

Raves:
-Spent the afternoon with my dad working on my moms S80; spark plugs, cabin filter, fuel filter, upper strut mount.
-water polo banquet tomorrow night preceded by dinner with some of the guys.

Drinking:
-Allagash White

1 - 12 of 12 Posts