SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
‘14 XC70 3.2 AWD, ‘17 BMW M240i
782 Posts
hahaha... my wife's friend was dating a guy who thought his Maxima was AWD and was a "detuned skyline gt-r"... it's funny what people think or are told and they believe.
There should be a website to warn potential mates about people like that.

·
Registered
962 Posts
There should be a website to warn potential mates about people like that.
lol... so true. this guy was ridiculous. nothing could top his base model maxima.

BMW introduced FWD cars after discovering most 1-Series owners thought their cars were FWD!
the 2series touring is probably the grossest vehicles on the road and the fact that it is FailWheelDrive makes it even more unattractive.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Lol...this proves nothing other than the guy is obviously not an auto enthusiast nor a very wise or informed consumer for that matter. To not know the basic engine configuration of the vehicle you just invested so much money in, is quite laughable. Not surprised at all that he couldn't tell the difference between engine types by driving. He's clueless and should have his man card withdrawn! My wife drove an S40 for years and didn't realize that the T5 emblem on her trunk designated that her car had a turbo 5 cylinder under the hood. She thought it was a faster version of the 4 cylinder. She didn't know nor care "jack" about automobiles, so it was understandable. I know, the confusing drive-e designations give her a bit of reprieve now...but I digress.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
lol... so true. this guy was ridiculous. nothing could top his base model maxima.

the 2series touring is probably the grossest vehicles on the road and the fact that it is FailWheelDrive makes it even more unattractive.
I have no problem with the 2-series Touring's looks or drivetrain, and I like the new natively FWD X1, but I would not stop making the RWD 1-Series if I were BMW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts