SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Raves:
-had a great few days off at the lake and now i'm hooked on magic hat #9, good drinkable beer
-R is clean and running well
-working from home today

Rants:
nothing significant, still trying to finalize deal on a '02 wrx wagon with v7 sti swap for a winter car.

drinking:
now: coffee
later: water for a go commando race tomorrow, it's going to be very hot here.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
RANT
1. Heard a noise from the rear of the R while driving <20 mph with the windows down. My first thought was the driver side rear wheel bearing. I changed the passenger side last winter and at the time thought it's only a matter of time until I will need to change the driver side. I drove some more trying to reproduce the sound to no avail. I haven't jacked it up to inspect yet.

2. MobileMe is going down. I have a LOT of photos (600+) there to move to iCloud or elsewhere. Ugh. That means most of the photos I've posted over the years are going away until I can repost them.

Raves
1. Faboulous weekend forecast. Perhaps a full vehicle detail can be squeezed in, but they typically take me 16+ hours. I might only be able do just the exterior or the interior, but not both.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

Rants:

This weather is horrible...I want to clean the R but it's honestly not worth it whatsoever.
Rain.
Thunder.
Lightning.

Raves:

Golf Today.
Hopefully Golfing this fine weekend which means brewskis and stoags.
Joining a local Country Club to save me some MOOLAH.
LCA, Endlinks go in on sunday, alignment Monday.

Wearing:

Pebble Beach Shorts.
PGA Shirt.
Sebago Docksides

Drinking:

Iced Coffee

Listening to:

The River

·
6,436 Posts
Rants:
- wedding to go to today - yes a Friday wedding!!! uggh... but look out for my car on Long Island! hehe

Raves:
- I've "DevolvR'd" my fog light grilles (sorry Alfred - stop being a trend setter! hehe)
- Will get to drive my caR this weekend
- Finally ordering the front sway bar today (Darek - when shall we do our installs??!!)
- getting an iPad from work! wohoo

·
Registered
876 Posts
- Finally ordering the front sway bar today (Darek - when shall we do our installs??!!)
- getting an iPad from work! wohoo
Rant:
All work and no play...

Rave:
Tommy FINALLY ordered his front sway bar ;)

Let me know when it comes in. I work 6 days a week now, but I will make time for this.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
RANTS

Cars dirty
Working all day

RAVES

Car is running good
Ordering my ARD tune in the next week and a half.
Weather is sunny and nice

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Raves:
Car hasn't had any problems
It stopped raining
Car goes 120 egap
School is almost over

Rants:
Car needs a wash and oil change
I hate wheel gap
Studying

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Rants:

This weather is horrible...I want to clean the R but it's honestly not worth it whatsoever.
Rain.
Thunder.
Lightning.

Raves:

Golf Today.
Hopefully Golfing this fine weekend which means brewskis and stoags.
Joining a local Country Club to save me some MOOLAH.
LCA, Endlinks go in on sunday, alignment Monday.

Wearing:

Pebble Beach Shorts.
PGA Shirt.
Sebago Docksides

Drinking:

Iced Coffee

Listening to:

The River
We should set up a ct ma mini meet and golf outing lol. I've been watching a lot of top gear lately and think its hilarious they deem cars with trunks big enough to fit golf clubs uncool lol.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
We should set up a ct ma mini meet and golf outing lol. I've been watching a lot of top gear lately and think its hilarious they deem cars with trunks big enough to fit golf clubs uncool lol.
Dude that would be legit the best meet ever. I have the subwoofer in my trunk however I have never tried to fit the clubs in there haha I do however have a 100 pack of Callaways back there ;). My clubs rarely leave my rear seats as I rarely have back seat passengers.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Dude that would be legit the best meet ever. I have the subwoofer in my trunk however I have never tried to fit the clubs in there haha I do however have a 100 pack of Callaways back there ;). My clubs rarely leave my rear seats as I rarely have back seat passengers.
Get a fat friend. But that may be a little difficult for someone like you with such an abrasive personality :D

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Get a fat friend. But that may be a little difficult for someone like you with such an abrasive personality :D
Haha omg that really is true though. All passengers fit in the front seat except for your EX Giorgi :/

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Raves:
Got 3 1/2 weeks out of my last tank of gas with three gallons left when I filled her back up.
I have Saturday off this week.
My ipd hd coilpacks arrived after back order for a month
Gorgeous weather!

Rants:
It rained less than 24 hours after my carwash on Wednesday :mad: The gods do tease me!
Car still needs to go to the shop. Dropping it off in the next few days.
Found a new ding :(

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
RANTS:
-School
-Work
-No time to finish all the work my cars need

RAVES:
-Sway bars, Adam's Rotors Sport I's Dimpled, Hawk HPS Pads, Lower Transmission Mount, Subframe Bushings, MTE Tune all installed this week :D
-Car's handling is just insanely awesome
-Car is quick :D
-Paramus, NJ Meet on Sunday

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Raves:
-had a great few days off at the lake and now i'm hooked on magic hat #9, good drinkable beer
-R is clean and running well
-working from home today

Rants:
nothing significant, still trying to finalize deal on a '02 wrx wagon with v7 sti swap for a winter car.

drinking:
now: coffee
later: water for a go commando race tomorrow, it's going to be very hot here.
Come to the next VT meet, I'm less than a mile from the factory and I'll bring anyone beer!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Come to the next VT meet, I'm less than a mile from the factory and I'll bring anyone beer!
flying to dc this fall, weighing options of swinging up north a bit more and stopping by tki and hitting a few breweries

new rant: scary photos, un-see un-see :(

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
RAVES!
I'm getting laid off! Although I would prefer to quit on my own terms, this does mean that I won't have to deal with my boss anymore :thumbup:
Fly Fishing is HOT right now. Last weekend and this week, AMAZING Brown Drake Hatch! This weekend camping and floating for the Salmon Fly Hatch!
Playing a lot of golf.
Unemployment in the summer might not be too bad :p
Won't have to move into our crappy new office

Rants
Getting Laid off will really hurt my play and R budgets.
Negotiating my severance with my boss will be a PITA
Job Prospects for career advancement may be limited here in my mountain resort paradise...
GF extended her trip in Peru until the June 25th.

Drinking
Coffee right now, beer and whisky in camp and on the river later :thumbup:

·
6,436 Posts
RAVES!
I'm getting laid off! Although I would prefer to quit on my own terms, this does mean that I won't have to deal with my boss anymore :thumbup:
Fly Fishing is HOT right now. Last weekend and this week, AMAZING Brown Drake Hatch! This weekend camping and floating for the Salmon Fly Hatch!
Playing a lot of golf.
Unemployment in the summer might not be too bad :p
Won't have to move into our crappy new office

Rants
Getting Laid off will really hurt my play and R budgets.
Negotiating my severance with my boss will be a PITA
Job Prospects for career advancement may be limited here in my mountain resort paradise...
GF extended her trip in Peru until the June 25th.

Drinking
Coffee right now, beer and whisky in camp and on the river later :thumbup:

what field are you in? you seem awfully upbeat about getting laid off! :) hehe

btw, i used to flyfish when I was a kid and now i want to get back to it for some trout and salmon freshwater (little river) fishing. Can you recomend a good setup for up to say $200? I looked at Orvis and their basic starter setups may be ok, but perhaps there's something less expensive with a better quality?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts