SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I am a new member here from Australia. I have just bought an '01 S60T here in Australia. Having just bought the car (and my first Volvo) I have a few questions and things I want to fix that I am not sure if you guys can help me with. Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere but thought I would put them all together.

1) I'm chasing some interior parts namely the cloth cover on the handbrake and the cover on top of the cup holder. I've had a look online but couldn't find anywhere to buy them, are these something I would have to get from the dealer?
2) There is a vent on the center console between the radio and climate control. The fan behind it is quite noisy, is there a way to fix this?
3) The black trim on the bumper and doors is very faded. Is there an easy way to restore this?
4) Is there a trick to replacing the radio/climate control buttons with new ones or do you just buy them and pull the old ones off?
5) I would like to get a bluetooth connector so I can take hands free calls from my iphone and play music. What are my options? Is there something factory volvo I can buy?
6) Are there any easy fixes I should be doing to make the car nicer? I heard changing the incar cabin filter is worthwhile and relatively cheap?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get this thing as sorted as possible as soon as possible!

p.s. car has literally just had the ETM replace by prior owner.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I can help with some, 2) pull the stack out, do not disconnect any wires as this may cause faults, dust the fan off, mine was caked with dust. 3) Showroomnew.com, its a dye, 5) IMIV ipod interface, and Volvo blue tooth. what is the mileage on the car. search "stage zero". Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
You should look up our Aussie members over in the 2001-2007 V70/XC70 forum. Ones in Melbourne the other in Perth. If you're in Qld or NT, I suppose you will never meet either of them, but if you live a little more southwards, you may be able to arrange a visit (and subsequent photo shoot, of course)

They both have some "ins" in how to get parts across the great ocean without you flying to the Continent and bringing them back in your carry ons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts