SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
documentation and dealer prep fees

Hi,
We are considering ordering a 2016 XC90 through military sales overseas. So, instead of us traveling over there to get it, they will ship it to us here in the US. The paperwork sent to us stated Not Included: Freight charge, taxes, license, title, documentation and dealer prep fees. Therefore addtional charges may occur at your delivery point. Please Note: free shipment to US from factory.

Whether you are military or purchasing throught OSD, did you pay this upon return? Roughly, how much were these charges? How do I get an estimate of these charges? Do I contact my local dealer?

I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Taxes, license, title fees have never been included -- those vary by the state (are paid to the state). Documentation/dealer prep fees are up to the selling dealer. Your local dealer should be able to help.

I'm not sure about the freight charges. For OSD, that was included.

You could check with one of the dealers on this forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. I will contact my local dealer and ask them about the documentation and dealer prep fees. Maybe someone will comment about how much they paid, but, I am assuming that every dealer could be different.

Thanks again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Freight charge when ordering through diplomatic sales from the factory to anywhere in Europe is 325 Euro (say $365), regardless of the destination as long as it is in Europe. Delivery to the US would undoubtedly be more, but it's just to show that there likely is a freight charge when ordering through diplomatic or military sales.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts