SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
That clears it up ...
... still, is this applicable to Volvo Canada too?

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’d pay for the tow if they covered free service for life . . . . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
It looks like it is automatic and universal, right? No need to sign up, keep VOC, or anything like that?

That is great news about a free service that I hope never to use. :)

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every place I've seen this posted here and elsewhere, I could pay for the tow to my preferred mechanic myself.

I guess Volvo got the PR hit they wanted, cause that's about all this is worth.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every place I've seen this posted here and elsewhere, I could pay for the tow to my preferred mechanic myself.

While I understand it is in the best interest of Volvo Dealerships, who else in the industry does this? We are 60 miles from the nearest Volvo dealership. I would have to pay extra to get Auto Club to tow that distance. Yes if you are no longer in warranty and you have a favorite mechanic then of course pay yourself or get the extended tow service via one of the offerings like Auto Club. Given the complexity of the T8 and its electronics I think in most instances a dealership is better prepared to do a diagnostic. I want Volvo to keep doing things for their customers even if it is in their own best interest.

·
Registered
294 Posts
While I understand it is in the best interest of Volvo Dealerships, who else in the industry does this? We are 60 miles from the nearest Volvo dealership. I would have to pay extra to get Auto Club to tow that distance. Yes if you are no longer in warranty and you have a favorite mechanic then of course pay yourself or get the extended tow service via one of the offerings like Auto Club. Given the complexity of the T8 and its electronics I think in most instances a dealership is better prepared to do a diagnostic. I want Volvo to keep doing things for their customers even if it is in their own best interest.
The free tow program has a 25 mile maximum.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
You would have to pay for this too then, it only covers up to 25 miles.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
You would have to pay for this too then, it only covers up to 25 miles.

Good to know. AAA Plus (or RV) Plus membership is good for those far away from a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
211 Posts

It depends on the user. i do not have an indy near me that id trust, I do not have AAA. I have 2 dealerships within 25 miles of me and a third just outside of that. Thanks Volvo. This and the life time replacement part program makes keeping my Volvo a much more attractive proposition than keeping my Mercedes or Nissan. It also makes it more likely that the Mercedes will be replaced with a Volvo when its time.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
It depends on the user. i do not have an indy near me that id trust, I do not have AAA. I have 2 dealerships within 25 miles of me and a third just outside of that. Thanks Volvo. This and the life time replacement part program makes keeping my Volvo a much more attractive proposition than keeping my Mercedes or Nissan. It also makes it more likely that the Mercedes will be replaced with a Volvo when its time.
Well you have Boston Volvo Village so the offer probably works for you, if the dealerships decide to participate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts