SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bernard Franke to drive a Volvo S60 challenge car in the GTO touring car championship for 2006. <p>Former pro rally champion and kart racer Bernard will take on a new challenge this year by entering a Volvo S60 Challenge car in the GTO Touring Car Championship. After having competed in the Hankook Championship in 2005 Bernard acquired his new race car in January 2006 and work began to adapt this very special car from the Swedish touring car Championship to the GTO class for turbo charged cars up to 2.5 litter’s capacity. <p>“2005 was my first year racing in touring sedans it was totally different driving experience from rally racing and karting years. The drivers have a tremendous amount of experience. There driving style is much more fluid but they are at the limit all the time”. During his first year Bernard competed in prestigious venues such as the Grand Prix of Three Rivers, Sanair Race way and le Circuit Mont Tremblant.<p>The 2006 season will be a year of further development for the Franke Volvo team. Since the new car will require a different set-up and driving style. This year new sponsorship partners will include “Care by Volvo” from Volvo cars of Canada and Castrol oil products. The Franke Racing team will also benefit from long term sponsors such as Franke Volvo, Wurth Canada, Vitro Plus Ste-Agathe, Fix Auto Ste-Agathe and X-Vitre tinted glass<p><br>“I am looking forward to be racing a factory works car and to renew with the Volvo Brand for which in the late 80’s I won the provincial and Eastern Canadian Pro rally Championship as well as the Canadian Manufacturer Championship for Volvo. The team will focus on track time and work very hard to get this racing effort of to a consistent start. ”<br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts