SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just started...going with HD BILSTEIN on all four corners...both fronts I replaced without getting chassis service warning light...ripped these things out from the struts and plugged them directly at the top in the engine bay...i did have to put a bolt in the middle to fool it...and i will seal it and say good the fauck bye to this shiatty azz system...will have to make /find and fit HD BILSTEIN for rears and do the same thing with those sensors.

here it is done

I put JB weld on soldered connections and heat wrap it

and all tucked in a harness cover.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
You done good dougy. This is awesome. Are you the first one to do it that way? I always thought that when mine are ready for replacement, I was going to try the same thing.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You done good dougy. This is awesome. Are you the first one to do it that way? I always thought that when mine are ready for replacement, I was going to try the same thing.
thanks...don't know Saleen ...i thought i read a thread couple years ago , someone putting resistors there, but i could not find it...so i did it my way...not as easy as it looks ...you have to rip it out and those two connector wires basically tear , then you have to melt it around to find those two thin wires to solder them back up to harness plug...but you with your skill you will be able do it, and for others ...not some much.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also rear 2.5t awd shocks are not sufficient for R AND , they are weak...they dont make them in HD BILSTEIN.....and converting HD BILSTEIN T5 rears is not worth it either...there is no weight in the rear of T5 as it is on R and that's why I will not use those...but i have a plan...:D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
also rear 2.5t awd shocks are not sufficient for R AND , they are weak...they dont make them in HD BILSTEIN.....and converting HD BILSTEIN T5 rears is not worth it either...there is no weight in the rear of T5 as it is on R and that's why I will not use those...but i have a plan...:D
I wonder if we put enough people together to do a group buy and they could build us a custom (not really anything off the wall, just matching what we need) rear shock.

I would so, so, so convert to Bilstein shocks. I'm so flipping tired of having the crap ride even in comfort. Utah roads are just too ****ty for 4c to work on. This year seem to really do a number on the roads here. Ever year about this time I notice just how bad the roads get after winter.

To top it all off, if you buy Bilstein and you drive a ton of miles you have a lifetime warranty, and you can send the shocks in at any time and have them rebuilt back to new status for $75 each. Which would be nice for those of us planning on driving the R for the long haul.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
To top it all off, if you buy Bilstein and you drive a ton of miles you have a lifetime warranty, and you can send the shocks in at any time and have them rebuilt back to new status for $75 each. Which would be nice for those of us planning on driving the R for the long haul.
That's news to me. Really cool.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dougy you got any before pictures im trying to see in my head where thar part you just wrapped is on the shock it self?

Niko

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dougy you got any before pictures im trying to see in my head where thar part you just wrapped is on the shock it self?

Niko
Its the very bottom part of the shock that is normally covered in black goo where the wires come in.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No one and I mean NO ONE makes a P2 Volvo AWD rear shock

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Niko
2nd pic Niko, it goes inside that cylinder , and you have to pry it/ brake it open, carefully melt around were the wires connected and re-solder them to harness plug...right where the wire goes to strut.

here you go Niko.

Part number for bilsteins?

Heavy Duty Bilstein 35 052210

Do care to elaborate because as someone who has them installed I kindly object.

Sent from my ghayiPhone using Tapapeetalk

not really, but I'll try 105 times...kindly get your smart azz to volvo dealer , have them pull one of each out for you and have them kindly open them up and then kindly press down on OEM SACHS shock and strut and then kindly compare it to HD Belstein front strut pressure and kindly use your kind fuzzy logic and kind common sense and only then you'll kindly realize , "they are not" even though someone has kindly installed them. :D sure you can install OEM rears, but not when you use HD Bilstein fronts...if you use front OEM Sachs then sure..but no thank you Kindly to that ride for me.

Thank you

Now did you use normal height or lowered height hd bilsteins :)
they are Heavy Duty Bilstein 35 052210 = stock T-5 replacements fronts...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks, eggs benedict for you dougy if your ever in my area I buy you breakfast!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
When I replace my front in two weeks, I'll keep these connectors to sell to someone who wants to do this, but not ruin their 4Cs in case.

I personally am not sick of the 4C system yet, but great work, dougy.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, eggs benedict for you dougy if your ever in my area I buy you breakfast!

my fav :thumbup:...thanks. :beer:

Wich reference for blistein rear with your awd????? :eek:
none available , will have to custom make and fit.

When I replace my front in two weeks, I'll keep these connectors to sell to someone who wants to do this, but not ruin their 4Cs in case.

I personally am not sick of the 4C system yet, but great work, dougy.
thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So how does the car drive now? I think there's a lot of people who would attempt this install. The 4c is a great concept but lacks real ride quality. I can't wait for someone to sell a real suspension overhaul kit.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
So how does the car drive now? I think there's a lot of people who would attempt this install. The 4c is a great concept but lacks real ride quality. I can't wait for someone to sell a real suspension overhaul kit.
there's nothing wrong with 4C, if there were other companies wouldn't be creating applications like it. Volvo just ceased development on the P2 platform instead of refining it. It is very refined on EUCD S80s. If Volvo had developed better SUM software and maybe a revised version of the strut most complaints would have been sorted out....except for the cheap asses who don't want to maintain a hi-po car.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts