SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here with my new to me Volvo looking for some assistance.

My 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T has the Four-C suspension system. It has been giving me an error for a while now and riding very poorly. (One passenger described it as a stage coach :p) The error on the screen is "Four-C Service Required". I have a Wi-Fi OBDII reader and Torque Pro, and it returns the code P0602, Powertrain Control Module Programming Error.

I had the vehicle diagnosed at one garage who said they had an error concerning a wheel speed sensor, and recommended that I replace the front-right strut. Does anyone have any experience with Four-C Models? I am in Canada and having troubles finding parts, and if someone does have them, they want up to $1000CAD for a genuine Four-C strut!

Are my two problems unrelated? The car appears to be running and driving completely normally externally of this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 XC70 T2 AWD
4 Posts
What did you end up doing?

I am kind of in the same situation as you. 2006 XC70 in Ontario. Rear four-c shock leaking oil. Cost to fix approx. $2000+ (for rear two). I have decided to replace with regular shocks (cost approx. $600) after reading up on this topic extensively in the R forum here. I will be leaving the four-c error as is and not try to fool the system, but will keep the shocks in case I decide later.

Below are two of the posts. Even though they are for R models, the same four-c concepts apply to XC70. They are a long read, but worth it in order to decide.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts