SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a low mile 2007 S60R that is local. The same dealer has a 2011 C30 and a 2009 S60 T5 for around the same price range and miles. I am going to finance the car, and trade in my old car + down payment. I don't know if my bank will let me finance a 2007 MY car, but all three come with the 6 year/100K mile warranty. Going tomorrow to look at all three and see if I can work any numbers.

My other choice is a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport that I am getting for $13K OTD. MSRP was $21K :D :cool:

I'm going to be financing $13K only, and the rest will be my car + down payment (not for the Fiat)

What would the best choice? I'm going to be driving a lot for work, and I do live in the Northwest. No mods will be done on any car except for tint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
babahahhahahahahahahhah fiat 500 sport. Remove testicles, insert in woman's purse.
:(

I'm not trying to spend too much because I'm going to be driving a ton in the next few months, but I'm trying to gauge what car would be the best option for a year or two. I would of bought the Fiat 500, but I can probably knock off another $2K. But I started seeing how cheap the Volvo's are, and found a couple for sale near by. I need a car within a few weeks, so if I can't figure out something, I'll end up in the Fiat. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Besides whether or not you can finance the R the next most important question is what does the warranty cover? Because if it has a good warranty than without a doubt get the S60R, if its not a comprehensive warranty and maintenance costs are going to be an issue for you then I would definitely go with the S60 T5 (I am biased I drive a T5). You can't go wrong with the C30 if it's a T5 but it is up to you whether or not a two door car will suit your needs over the next few years.

I had a loaded fiat 500c for a rental for a while it was a fun car to drive, but was too small for me to consider it a practical car especially when compared to the C30.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It come's with a full Volvo backed 6 year/100K warranty

The Volvo factory-backed CPO warranty fully covers every part not specifically excluded: including the replacement or repair of thousands of components, systems and operations. You can also purchase additional coverage equal to 7-years/100,000 miles or 8-years/100,000 miles.
• An exclusionary warranty that provides factory-backed coverage on thousands of components, systems, and operations
• Six-year/100,000-mile protection covering replacement or repair of defective components
• Volvo On Call Roadside Assistance for six years/100,000 miles
• $0 deductible
• Automatically transferred to new owner
• CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
The maintenance costs I'm hoping won't cause me much issues. I am friends with one of the techs at work, and can pay him to do the work.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/volvo_certified_preowned/pages/default.aspx

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
here's the issue with the CPO. I had that car chipped, put in an IPD dp and an aftermarket exhaust...that car is not stock so if any components that break down do to that stuff will not be covered and believe me they will try and not have it covered. I cannot imagine that the DP and exahaust would be an issue but the tune can wear down the engine. I loved that car and put thousands into it and it should run for a long time. If they are going to cover the car even with all the aftermarket stuff then I woudl suggest you get that in writting. Tom Joyce is the one that I dealt with when I traded it. If you buy it let me know and I will send you all the reciepts for the work I had done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here's the issue with the CPO. I had that car chipped, put in an IPD dp and an aftermarket exhaust...that car is not stock so if any components that break down do to that stuff will not be covered and believe me they will try and not have it covered. I cannot imagine that the DP and exahaust would be an issue but the tune can wear down the engine. I loved that car and put thousands into it and it should run for a long time. If they are going to cover the car even with all the aftermarket stuff then I woudl suggest you get that in writting. Tom Joyce is the one that I dealt with when I traded it. If you buy it let me know and I will send you all the reciepts for the work I had done.
I would of bought your car, but I would be paying close to $23-24K. The one I am looking at is stock, and comes with the CPO warranty. It is a nice car though, I drove it today and it was a very fun car. Too bad you had to sell it!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Wow. Yeah, Barrier prices their car's to reflect the Bellevue area. They add a what I call a $2-4K Bellevue tax :D
And they did nothing but wash it. Good luck with it if you buy it. I loved that car and miss it but I was tired of the constant repairs....it was non stop. If you get serious about it just make sure that the car is fully covered by teh CPO with the aftermarket stuff and make sure you get it in writting. It is a beautiful car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I asked one of the sales guy why your car isn't a CPO, it is because of the mods. They won't CPO it, but there is another one at another dealer that is CPO. I wouldn't buy an S60R without a CPO warranty, I would just get the S60 T5.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I asked one of the sales guy why your car isn't a CPO, it is because of the mods. They won't CPO it, but there is another one at another dealer that is CPO. I wouldn't buy an S60R without a CPO warranty, I would just get the S60 T5.
Oh sorry, I have been up since 5am and exhausted. I was confuse on how they could CPO that car LOL.

Id buy new if you can afford it. **** I just spent $47K LOL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was looking at a slightly used 2012 S60 T5, they are selling for around $25K. I wanted to spend less than $20K because used car prices in WA suck. But since I work at a dealership, I know a couple of things about getting the right price :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
hmm, took my car to that barrier and the techs are horrible...after an oil change i drove the car home and they forgot to put the cap on my coolant reservoir and coolant was leaking everywhere.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts