SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i first ordered a set of 2 rear brembos from this company at the same price and can comfirm that they are real brembo rotors, they look great, the markings look really sharp and they are guenuine.

www.ebay.ca/itm/151415341840?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Ordered a set of front ones just recently.

the price is really nice and i definatly recommend these rotors, great quality from brembo.

Edit: When i got the rear ones i wanted to confirm that they were real brembs rotors so i spoke with a brembo representative on phone and sent him pictures via email, he confirmed me that these are rotors made for the S60 R from their company.

Also confirmed that the seller is an OE supplier.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Volvo R brake rotors are not made by brembo. Only the pads are. The genuine Volvo brake kit is only $300. And ViVA sells centric brake rotors for like $80 each. Cheap rotors from eBay are asking for trouble.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The calipers are definitely made by Brembo. I read here on the forum many years ago that the OEM pads were made by Jurid.

Examples:
forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?142195-Finally-Upgraded-The-Front-Brakes-Last-Night
Great feel with the factory (Jurid) pads on the new rotors.
forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?205524-Brake-Rotor-Advice
Stick with factory Volvo rotors and Jurid pads(factory volvo).
forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?197493-Brake-pads
Volvo brake pads are Jurid.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I read here on the forum many years ago that the OEM pads were made by Jurid.

The calipers are definitely made by Brembo.
The photo on ipd's website of the R brake pad has the Brembo logo so idk.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Maybe they are these days and what I posted was what the factory sourced back when the cars were manufactured.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The rotors i ordered are made by brembo, i already purchased the rear ones a month ago via this seller on ebay and they came in the real box with an authentification sheet, even had a phamplet explaining the technology behind these rotors. I actually called brembo and sent pictures to one of theirs reprentatives via email and he confirmed that these are real brembos made by them for the S60 R.

Ordered the front ones yesterday, they R brakes amazing even if my front ones are toasted, i definatly trust brembo there's nothing cheap about these rotors trust me.

Brembo also confirmed me that this seller is an OE supplier.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be putting on my winter tires soon, will take a picture of the rear ones I have already installed as well as the front ones as soon as I receive.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got my rear rotors today, they even have the min thickness engraved on them.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The rotors i ordered are made by brembo, i already purchased the rear ones a month ago via this seller on ebay and they came in the real box with an authentification sheet, even had a phamplet explaining the technology behind these rotors. I actually called brembo and sent pictures to one of theirs reprentatives via email and he confirmed that these are real brembos made by them for the S60 R.
I'm curious what technology is behind stock replacement rotors for a Volvo. I imagine they are made of decent metal, and coated hubs, but what else? OEM rotors don't have directional vanes so that's not a selling point if these are meant to be OEM spec.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm curious what technology is behind stock replacement rotors for a Volvo. I imagine they are made of decent metal, and coated hubs, but what else? OEM rotors don't have directional vanes so that's not a selling point if these are meant to be OEM spec.
Well they are Brembos, everything from that company is great quality.

The vanes are just to dissipate heat a little more, and these rotors seem to have better coating than the OEM's from volvo, atleast from my perspective.

They are heavier though, as they require more material for the double vanes.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I am assuming these work for the VR as well? I hate ass-uming.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
They are heavier though, as they require more material for the double vanes.
Confirmed heavier than OEM/the ones you had before? I thought the vanes were pretty standard (non-directional). Definitely don't want heavier rotors, more unsprung weight makes the 4C behave badly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts