SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not realize that Vadis required Windows XP PRO and that it would not install on to my XP HOME laptop.. After searching the net I found a way for you to trick your XPHome into thinking its pro, thus allowing Vadis to install. This way you do not have to format your computer to install xp pro. Just tested.. and installing Vadis as I type this.

I will report in sometime this weekend to let you guys know if everything is working as it should.

To convert and upgrade Windows XP Home to Windows XP Professional, follow procedure below.
Make sure you back up your registry.

Open Registry Editor (regedit).
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet00X/Control/ProductOptions, where ControlSet00X is the one with the highest number.
Delete the ProductSuite registry key.
Then, create a new DWORD value and named it as Brand.
Set the “Brand” value data as 0.
Reboot the system.
On boot up after the BIOS screen, press F8 to display Windows XP Startup Menu.
Choose Last Known Good Configuration (LNG) and hit Enter.

Windows XP will start up as usual. After logging into the desktop, check the system properties to verify that it’s now Windows XP Professional.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please report on your experience as you promised to do... did the registry change allow installion of VIDA without upgrading from "XP Home" to "XP Pro"?

I did not realize that Vadis required Windows XP PRO and that it would not install on to my XP HOME laptop.. After searching the net I found a way for you to trick your XPHome into thinking its pro, thus allowing Vadis to install. This way you do not have to format your computer to install xp pro. Just tested.. and installing Vadis as I type this.

I will report in sometime this weekend to let you guys know if everything is working as it should.

To convert and upgrade Windows XP Home to Windows XP Professional, follow procedure below.
Make sure you back up your registry.

Open Registry Editor (regedit).
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet00X/Control/ProductOptions, where ControlSet00X is the one with the highest number.
Delete the ProductSuite registry key.
Then, create a new DWORD value and named it as Brand.
Set the “Brand” value data as 0.
Reboot the system.
On boot up after the BIOS screen, press F8 to display Windows XP Startup Menu.
Choose Last Known Good Configuration (LNG) and hit Enter.

Windows XP will start up as usual. After logging into the desktop, check the system properties to verify that it’s now Windows XP Professional.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just to update this since I've received a few pms. This worked great without any issues.. Make sure you run windows update and update to sp2. Not sure if it's mandatory.. But I did it anyway. Vida ran great but slow since my laptop was slow. I ran this with vida 2010d.. I think it runs with 1 gig of ram.. But I upgraded mine to 2gb.. With a 1.7ghz pentium M.

But after using it for a while I've moved on to a faster laptop with windows 7 home.. I also had battery issues.. I Modified win7 home to run Xp mode.. And i installed vida inside of Xp. Works great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tried and successfully got the Win Home Edition to convert over to Pro.

Also ControlSet00X I used the 003 on mine and not the 001

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome.. thats good to know..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts