SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a complete M58 from Canada (AWD) but I had to buy his whole project to get the M58. He grenaded the auto transmission and was going to do the swap but never got around to it. Car runs nice and has some upgrades. Interior is very clean so i'm going to replace the transmission and resell it on the cheap the pay for my 5 spd swap.

I think a 1999 XC70 auto transmission is the same as the V70R, but found a complete FWD 5 spd manual that would make the car FWD instead of AWD. Does this hurt my resale value? I think it's quicker just to find an replacement auto transmission.

Project came with;
1999 V70R with 2004 C70 HPT motor B5234T9 auto transmission with a big hole in it. FOR SALE

IN trunk and going in the 1998 Saffron
M58 Transmission
Angle gear/bevel gear
Driveshaft
Both axles
Tranny mount
850R clutch and single mass
850 pedal set
Slave and line
Shifter and linkages

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Sweet pile of parts there.

T9 engine worth keeping or selling to one of us nuts here.

99 XC trans same as 99R trans, depending on vin break.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet pile of parts there.

T9 engine worth keeping or selling to one of us nuts here.

99 XC trans same as 99R trans, depending on vin break.

There's a 5-speed swap from an S70 T5 on Craigslist local to me you think it's worth converting this to a 5-speed front wheel drive? I just don't want to hurt the resale value

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I wouldn’t. Just swap in a good 99 auto and keep the awd. No one wants an awd car that’s fwd with all the awd gear on it still. Put the effort into your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts