SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten a rattling in the dash during certain circumstances. Finally realized my turbo heat shield was banging on the downpipe because depending on engine orientation, temps whatever, it just sat on there. Also had a recurring CEL that I thought was an O2 sensor, but figured I should look at the turbo as well.

So pulled the shield to investigate and:

Yep, missing a little something... Picked up the bolt at the dealer for 8 bucks, CEL gone. Good times.

Happy memorial day.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Lol how the heck did that happen?
What he said!

This could bring new meaning to the word "stealership" if they took it. :D:D

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Dude. Those are usually *impossible* to get out with force, how did it come out on it's own? That bolt must not have liked your car..

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when I got the DP put in, they had no complaints about the bolts. And they were all there at the time. 4 years later, no idea.

Probably a unicorn. The guy that put it in remarked that he could probably squeeze 50 hp out of a new exhaust, so I was skeptical.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Happy memorial day.
Hah I have that topped.

Last Memorial day I drove up to northern Maine about 3 hours worth of driving, stayed over and the next warning my wheel bearing decided to blow up all of a sudden with absolutely NO warning signs. That was a costly "Emergency Repair" that sears got all my money for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.